Mitre Mite VN42

Nix_that

Grumbler in Training
Business
Frame Masters
Hey, I'm new to G and also relatively new to joining frames. Our shop has a Mitre Mite VN42. It has been working fine until this morning. At the moment, it is making all of the same noises but not firing a nail (YES there are v-nails loaded, correctly). I have tightened all the valves, there doesn't seem to be any leaks. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the G

I have no experience with that particular machine. Did you check air pressure? Is that still the same as before?
I know you said v-nails are loaded and correctly, however, since they didn't work, did you try loading new ones?

Welcome to the G

I have no experience with that particular machine. Did you check air pressure? Is that still the same as before?
I know you said v-nails are loaded and correctly, however, since they didn't work, did you try loading new ones?
The air pressure looks the same as before, but I might look into that more. And I did try loading new v-nails, no luck :/

I have a different model V-nailer and upon occasion a v-nail will get jammed and not allow the stack to advance.
That or the hammer itself has worn to the point that it won't grab the base of the v-nail as it advances. Also something I've experienced.

Do you have a copy of the instruction manual?
If not, here you go:https://www.thepaperframer.com/manuals/MitreMiteVN42versionI.pdf

I would suggest removing the nail head, and see if the v-nail driver attempts to fire a nail.
If it does, then the nail head may need cleaning or replacing.
Do you have various heights of v-nails, and associated nail heads? If so, you may be using the wrong head with the wrong nails.

If the driver does not attempt to fire a nail, then the fault is somewhere else.
Possible moisture problem?

Best of luck,
Brian

If not, here you go:https://www.thepaperframer.com/manuals/MitreMiteVN42versionI.pdf

I would suggest removing the nail head, and see if the v-nail driver attempts to fire a nail.
Do you have various heights of v-nails, and associated nail heads? If so, you may be using the wrong head with the wrong nails.

If the driver does not attempt to fire a nail, then the fault is somewhere else.

Best of luck,
Brian
Thank you! I have not tried that, so definitely going to give it a shot.

Best of luck,
Brian
That fixed it!! Thank you SO MUCH!

We have the same model. It has been very reliable!

Back