Michael's offering 100% off?

Mecianne

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Had a customer come in for the second time without leaving the needlework. Priced out the job first time with quotes on total with conservation clear, one with regular clear, and one with museum glass. ($96.10--$88.10--$142.35, respectively)

She comes back today (I presumed to drop it off for framing) only to go back over the choices I thought we had made in the first two hours we spent together the first time. She says she went to Michael's to get a price b/c her hubby said they always have a 50% off sale. She got a quote of $218 with conservation clear. The Michael's guy told her they would be having a REALLY BIG sale next week & they could do it for $109.

$218 divided by 2=$109

So they are offering 50% off the already "low" 50% off? Wouldn't that be 100%? I don't get it.
shrug.gif

She decided on museum glass and our original design, but STILL didn't leave the needlework. Needs to save up, so she says.
icon45.gif

Oh, duh. I can't do math, but they still suck. :D

OR...... using "bistro math" from The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy and...

1/2 off of 50% off is 25% off.

price $100

50% = $50

1/2 of $50 = %25

.... so .....

$100-%25=$75.

I don't see what's wrong with that! Keep working "bistro math" and the discount will end up more than the original quote! Yeehaw profit here we come!!

Yeah, I know. And they don't sell museum glass and that seems to be what she really wants.

(I am still math deficient though :rolleyes: )

If a frog is in a hole thats 10' deep and he jumps half way out of the hole. He now has 5' left. The second time he only has enough energy to jump half that distance (2.5') and the same and the same. How many jumps will it take him to get out of the hole?

This reminds me of the difference between a scientist and an engineer.

A scientist and an engineer are both put in a room with a beautiful woman, and are each told that they can move 1/2 the distance to the woman with each correct answer to a set of simple questions. After a few rounds of questions the scientist is 1/2" away, but despairs that he'll never get there. The engineer is also 1/2" away, but embraces and kisses the woman. "What are you doing?" shouts the scientist. "I'm close enough," replies the engineer, who returns to smooching.

The Geek

A man was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back in to a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and brave you are and how you are my hero." The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will be your loving companion for an entire week." The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to his pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you want." Again the man took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The man said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for a girl friend, but a talking frog is cool!

Originally posted by Mecianne:
...($96.10--$88.10--$142.35, respectively)

Michaels uses Conservation Perfect Vue glass as their standard, which is etched on one side & coated on the other. It looks almost like non-glare. Make sure your customer is comparing your Museum Glass to THEIR Museum Glass and not Perfect Vue. If she wants the best visual presentation, she would be disappointed with Perfect Vue.

Funny this turned to a frog joke thread....I have a really terrible phobia, not just fear, but phobia of frogs. Math makes me sweat; frogs give me panic attacks.

Jim--I showed her the samples of TV's museum compared to CC and then to PV. She definitely liked the museum best and also let me know that Michael's price quote included CC. Thanks for the heads-up!

Not a chance in he11, but you're on if it's chicken legs & cold beer!

What we have here is a failure to communicate communicative.

Dave Makielski

Chicken legs and Grey Goose martinis perhaps? Hate beer but love ice cold vodka, esp. when it's surrounded by anchovie-stuffed olives.

Oh my dear Lord...any chance you're good at math? ;)
Oh, wait...I'm already married. I forgot for a moment! :D

The reason it turned to frog jokes is because that is what the chains are making of the craft!~ ROFLMAO

Back