digital photos...puckering, mounting!!!HELP!

geperry

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Business
self
I have a dozen large (10 1/9" x 13) high gloss digital photos. At first I was going to dry mount them..... but upon trying a small corner with the tacking iron, found out that it took the gloss off! so I static mounted them (and added security with mylar corner mounts). I was very careful handling the photos (so far have only done 5 of them) but still got some puckering that shows up in the light. The customer did not like this! She is a very picky customer. I thought that perhaps non-reflective glass might cover up the puckering since it seems to be noticable in the reflection from light.
Does anyone know what I can do to mount the remaining photos without causing any puckering? It seems as if ANY handling causes puckering of these darn digitals!

I would recommend hinging them like you're supposed to with wheat starch paste and Japanese paper.

If you've never done this before, watch the "hot to" video on the FrameTek web site and also read the instructions under the pull-down menu labled "free info".

Fill out the request for samples form or call me and I'll send them.

PS: Don't practice on sombody's art!

Artcare Restore.... 135 degrees for 5 minutes in a mechanical press.... NO tack iron... quickly cool under weight for 10-15 seconds. I've experienced the same problem @ 150-165 degrees but not yet at the lower temperature. Restore also has a much less significant orangepeel effect.

If you're not sure of the temperature calibration, turn the press on for 30-45 minutes before using it so that it can go through a few on/off cycles to minimize temperature overshoot.

OR do it Greg's way, since he hit the enter button at the same time that I did

Either way, don't practice with on sombody's art!!!!!!!!!

Back