Searching For Eclipse XL CMC original software

Guenthergalley

Grumbler in Training
Business
Guenther Gallery
We took a power hit on our Eclipse XL CMC which knocked out the computer. We need to move to a new PC but need the Eclipse XL, Create and Cut, software and the Galil controller software, Does anyone have a copy of these?

Wizard bought up the rights and stock of the former company 16 1/2 years ago(1/2006), and at that time they modified their Wizard Mat Designer software to operate it.

I believe they were still selling the product until 2014 or so, but I'm not clear if they are still providing support for the XL in 2022. It may be worth a call to them, if you have not already done so. I know with the Wizard software, you need a freshly generated software KEY to reinstall it on a new computer - but I don't recall how the original Eclipse software copy protection worked. (or if there was any)

If contacting Wizard doesn't work out, and no one steps up from your post, the CMC DR might be able to give you some guidance as a consultant.

The other option is to consider repairing the old computer.

If it just needs a new power supply, for example, that is an easy and inexpensive thing to replace. This would be the most logical thing to take a hit from a power surge.

If the PC comes on but the hard drive won't boot, then it is a sign of something more difficult to repair. Then again, if there are regular backups - maybe you could replace a bad hard drive and then restore everything back exactly as it was.

Hopefully this gives a bit of direction.

Best regards,
Mike, one of several resident computer geek framers :)

I have the installed version on my CMC computer (Eclipse) so may or may not work as straight copy of folders & files. You're welcome to give it a go. Not sure if there are INI files stored somewhere or stuff in the registry, so might not work right off the bat. I can also look in the dungeon for the original CD

Well, spank my bottom! Found the CD. I'll copy it to a ZIP file and send it along. I can text or email you a shared Dropbox folder link; just PM me with details.

We took a power hit on our Eclipse XL CMC which knocked out the computer. We need to move to a new PC but need the Eclipse XL, Create and Cut, software and the Galil controller software, Does anyone have a copy of these?
Mark Eaton, of The CMC Doctor, was able to assist me in installing everything on a new computer. Following his YouTube videos, I was able to calibrate everything with the result being better cuts and corners than ever. That includes when new back in 2005. I wish I would have had this type of instruction all along. I noticed his site support numerous manufactures. Do yourself a favor and look these videos over. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHhZlkd1EJRDspkD3dtmQw/videos

Thanks Mark.

Thanks for the follow up.

Back