• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Jack Richeson & Co

You gotta believe

JudyN

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I have been watching NBC's "The Apprentice" with Donald Trump and a bunch of attractive young wanna bee apprentices. I found it interesting last night.
The apprentices were to pick an " Artist" to represent . The two teams each had a choice of 2 artists. They then had a showing of the artist work in 2 New York galleries.

One team picked an artist because they found her work "edgy". It was kind of out there for sure really kind of surrealistic and creepy. Some of this artists art was priced at $4000. each ( framed I might add ). None of the team really liked her work but felt by selling just one or two pieces would make them the winner. They sold ONE of her pieces the price was $849.00.

Ok the other teams picks an artist with colorful happy abstracts. His work sells for a similar amount but they LOVED his work. They sold $13,000. worth of his art.......

The Donald said. If you sell something .."You have to believe in what you are selling or you will not be able to sell it"

Emibub

PFG, Picture Framing God
My favorite show Judy. I took note of what he said about believing too. I wonder if other Grumblers watch that show? I'll start a thread in Warped so as not to deviate from this one.

P.S. Say hallelujah Omarosa is gone........

Hobbes03

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Count me in as a big fan of that show. Finally a reality show that has depth. These are all people that are successful in their real lives, and they have to put their biz skills to the test and be judged by one of the ultimate businessmen.

I think the reward last night to have 10 or 15 minutes of private time with The Donald, must have been an awesome feeling for Nick. Talk about picking someone's brain!

I never would have chosen that "edgy" artist. They got greedy and lazy and paid for it, but the major upside is Omorossa is gone! First class B**ch.

I am betting that Nick is going to win the whole thing. I can tell he is Trump's favorite.

-Mike.

JPete

<span style="color: red"><b><i>Charter Member</i><
Missed it last night, will have to watch next wed. You did hear DT on Larry King say the losers get 3 years of work with him. Not to bad.

jframe

<span style="color: red"><b><i>Charter Member</i><
My money is on Nick to win, the Donald seems to like him.

I'll bet the blonde is next to go if she is on the losing team.

Omarosa was tooooo annoying.

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Flintstone

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
QUOTE]You did hear DT on Larry King say the losers get 3 years of work with him.[/QUOTE]

Oh!!!! I did not hear that. No wonder there are no sour grapes on the exit interviews. I forget his name, but the one guy that gave Trump the death glare when he was fired...he really back pedalled on later interviews.

Roxanne Langley

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Count me in as another fan of the show, even though I just can't stand other reality shows, this one has been so interesting. The other thing that I noticed was the group that sold the landscape abstracts clicked with the artist. In order to believe in what you're selling you have to like it and everything about it. Our public knows when we're BSing them or not.

The death glare to DT was Sam, and yes thank goodness Omarosa is gone. My monies on either Nick or Troy, unfortunately I don't think any of the women are doing that hot.

Roxanne
Langley House Gallery

Where spring has finally arrived and it's in the 70's.

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser