• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Wizard Metal Blade Cartridge

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Getting ready to switch over to the metal cartridge on my Wizard 8000 with the premium blades.
I know this will require some tweaks to the configuration settings, and wondered what others' experiences with this have been.
Do you know what you adjusted, and how much? And, do you have to adjust the configs for all the various types of openings, or when you do it for the standard opening (cut from back) will it work for various other opening types too?

Thanks.
:kaffeetrinker-2: Rick

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Wouldn't it be to pretty much the same size and tolerances?

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
This is the first I've heard of this. I did buy some of the premium blades, but there was no mention that they would require re-configuring the machine. I'm going to check on that.

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
I've heard that some tweaking of the settings may be needed when switching to the metal blade holder cartridge.
I'll soon find out...

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rick, could you document what you have to do. It would be valuable for others.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

susang

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Rick,
when I switched blade cartridges, there was minimal reconfiguring. There might not have been any tweaks that needed to be made. Still I’m not convinced that it was necessary to change.

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I never used a metal blade cartridge but always cut a couple of test mats when I changed the plastic cartridges as a precaution. It never resulted in more than a slight tweak of the overcut or backup settings and I would think switching to a metal cartridge would be the same

i-FRAMER

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Ddi not notice any difference when we changed over some years back.

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com