Question Wizard Eclipse XL PC operating system

DeonG

Grumbler
Business
Sports Framing NL
When I turned on my Dell Optiplex 755 pc a error message came up saying “Hard Disk SMART Command failed”. I’m assuming since it’s an older pc that the hard drive has died? If this is the case do I need to find another pc with Windows XP somewhere!? Correct me if I am wrong but the Wizard Eclipse XL needs to run off a Windows XP operating system?? Can I just use a newer pc and load all the software from the cmc onto the new pc?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I think the problem with the original Eclipse machines may be finding a machine compatible with the controller, which was on an older bus architecture that doesnt exist in modern PCs.

However, I think Mark Eaton (CMC Dr) may have motherboards available that will accommodate these older controllers. It may be worth looking him up, if Wizard is unable to assist.

You could also just put a new hard drive in the old one, put Windows back on (If you have the disks), set up the software again (you may need disks and a new registration key from Wizard), etc.

Best regards,
Mike

Steve Collins

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I think the problem with the original Eclipse machines may be finding a machine compatible with the controller, which was on an older bus architecture that doesnt exist in modern PCs.

However, I think Mark Eaton (CMC Dr) may have motherboards available that will accommodate these older controllers. It may be worth looking him up, if Wizard is unable to assist.

You could also just put a new hard drive in the old one, put Windows back on (If you have the disks), set up the software again (you may need disks and a new registration key from Wizard), etc.

Best regards,
Mike
That's exactly right. I just spoke with Mark recently about this very thing. He sells new PCs that works with the old controllers. Has to be 32-bit Windows for it to work. Planning to either build one myself or buy one from him. Not sure yet. The old XP machine is still puttering along, so no rush.