Wizard CMC 8000 Software Problems

D

darlarev

Software version 5.7.3.2321. I plot a complicated multi opening mat and the cut screen is either blank or shows a few lines. I erase some saved mats to make room, and it sometimes works. Frustrating. My computer is several years old and my hubby is building me a new one. Wizard is sending new software to install. Meantime, any suggestions? Nothing like wasting time creating a cool layout design and not even being able to save it because of IO 112 error. Also, I'm kinda freaked out about transferring my saved designs to my new computer when it gets here.

Make sure that you have saved all of the old designs that you wish to keep somewhere. If you don't how, Wizard can help you so that they are ready to load on to your new computer.

It is very painless Wizard Tech support will walk you through it.

Not as worried about the new computer with update and I am about surviving until then. I've spent 4 hrs trying to cut a mat with a center opening surrounded by ten cut art characters. Plots perfectly. Go to cut and a few squiggly lines show up. I try to back out and save my mat and I get an IO 112 error. Delete a few items and empty trash bin. Restart computer and replot mat. Then a few more lines show up and maybe a few characters. Repeat....

Can you drop all of your designs into something like dropbox, log into dropbox on your new pc and hey presto there they are.
We have set our software to save cmc designs into a sync folder by default, any of our staff can create a design, on any one of 7 computers, it is ready to cut on the cmc within seconds.

Try cutting one at a time. Design it, save it then delete all but one cutart. Don't move mat then reload the the saved design and delete all but the next cut art, cut that. Repeat that untill you have them all cut.

Sounds like you don't have enough Ram to handle so much cut art?

Error 112 in some Microsoft subroutines means a lack of available disk space. Check the disk space, to make sure enough is free. It could be causing all of your problems, if the disk is full.

Make sure that you have saved all of the old designs that you wish to keep somewhere. If you don't how, Wizard can help you so that they are ready to load on to your new computer.
Hi Susan, not sure I’m in the right area, but even though I’m fairly computer savvy, I do not know how to delete saved designs that I no longer need. Can you help?

The answer depends on the age of the CMC, where the software was installed, and which software you are using. They re-wrote the software about 5-8 years ago, and the newer version uses a database for many of the components, while the older version just saved them as individual files. The original one was called MATDESIGNER, and the newer improved current version is called FRAMESHOP. For most, it could have several thousand things saved without being any kind of issue for space. If you are just cutting something, you're probably not saving it. If it is something that you do often, then maybe you are saving them.

You can click MY COMPUTER on an older PC, or go into EXPLORER and click THIS PC on a newer computer. This will show you all of your drives, and how much free space is on your primary C: drive. If it is dangerously low, it will probably turn red and indicate this as a problem.

It's also a good idea to do a backup of your data, just in case of a hard drive failure. (Hard drives can go in a few years) This way, you'll have your custom configuration settings and previous jobs saved. It will save you a day or so of recalibration, to have this saved, if you ever have to replace the PC.

One way to recover some quick space is to empty the recycling bin.

The answer depends on the age of the CMC, where the software was installed, and which software you are using. They re-wrote the software about 5-8 years ago, and the newer version uses a database for many of the components, while the older version just saved them as individual files. The original one was called MATDESIGNER, and the newer improved current version is called FRAMESHOP. For most, it could have several thousand things saved without being any kind of issue for space. If you are just cutting something, you're probably not saving it. If it is something that you do often, then maybe you are saving them.

You can click MY COMPUTER on an older PC, or go into EXPLORER and click THIS PC on a newer computer. This will show you all of your drives, and how much free space is on your primary C: drive. If it is dangerously low, it will probably turn red and indicate this as a problem.

It's also a good idea to do a backup of your data, just in case of a hard drive failure. (Hard drives can go in a few years) This way, you'll have your custom configuration settings and previous jobs saved. It will save you a day or so of recalibration, to have this saved, if you ever have to replace the PC.

One way to recover some quick space is to empty the recycling bin.
Thank you Mike!

Back