• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Welcome to the Picture Framers Grumble

Wizard 8000/9000

Umi

Grumbler
Hi Folks,

Quick question: would you advise on getting Wizard machine as a startup or is it better to get a manual mat cutter for the beginning and upgrade it later? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you,

i-FRAMER

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Manual for price. But if you can afford it go for a CMC. If i was to set up a new business, i would be buying anything that helps automate and save time right from the start.

Umi

Grumbler
Manual for price. But if you can afford it go for a CMC. If i was to set up a new business, i would be buying anything that helps automate and save time right from the start.
Thanks for the advise!

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
A C.M.C. gives you the ability to handle a lot of fancy stuff and saves a lot of time on regular work but it is a major investment and if (heaven forbid) your business does not get off the ground you will probably take a bath selling it second hand. My inclination would be to give priority to items like a good v nailer and saw or guillotine with a Wizard to follow when the business is more established.

Umi

Grumbler
A C.M.C. gives you the ability to handle a lot of fancy stuff and saves a lot of time on regular work but it is a major investment and if (heaven forbid) your business does not get off the ground you will probably take a bath selling it second hand. My inclination would be to give priority to items like a good v nailer and saw or guillotine with a Wizard to follow when the business is more established.
I appreciate your advise!

LifeSaver Software...

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Another consideration is a pre-owned CMC, which may be about 1/3 the price of a brand new one. These things are built to last.

If we were to start again today, I wouldn't do it without a CMC, POS and VNailer.

In another thread you asked about which one is a space saver. I'd say any of them have close to the same footprint, and can be floor or wall mounted. An angle is suggested, not flat to the wall. We opted to build a simple box under ours to store hundreds of mats, so they wouldn't take up space somewhere else. The CMC sits on top of this storage box.

Good luck in your search! :)

Last edited:
Quality Matters At 888 Manufacturing
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser