• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Windows 10 May 2020 update is on hold

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Thanks for the heads-up, Mike. This morning I checked for updates on my Windows 10 computers. All of them installed the "quality updates", and two of them installed the "feature updates" as well. All of them have Windows 10 Home, version 1909. The one-year old Dell laptop XPS15-9570 held off the "feature updates" and gave me this:

1591100730134.png

Last edited:

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Here is what I saw this morning. I have automatic updates turned on so I'm not sure why it is waiting for me.

w10update.jpg

David Waldmann

Herder of cats
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Business
Vermont Hardwoods
I upgraded a Win7 computer to Win10 that I was putting back online last week. While I was on the update site on my already Win10 computer it said something about an update. I tried to apply it. It opened a dialog and then just sat there for hours saying "This will take a while". Eventually it somehow got minimized and never applied as far as I know.

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System