• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Will The Real Google Please Stand UP?

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Not knowing what's the real Google, or what's a spoof, I hang up on all Google calls.

Over the years, there have been a couple of times I'd like to ask Google something about our listing, but I'm chary about calling a scammer. Not really sure if the robocalls we sometimes get are fake Google, or just the real Google, being annoying. (Or, in theory, the real Google, being helpful.) I wish there was a good way to tell the difference. We come up first in a Google search, so all seems fine, but any advice about contact?

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
It's very easy. Google never calls. And mostly never writes. Any calls and almost all emails you get from dasGogle are spam from scammers who spam and try to make you think they are Google. They aren't and never will be.

And if the email is about search placement, I would 1000 zillion% guarantee you it is a scammer/spoofer.

BTW, what listing are you asking about, Adwords or what comes up in search when someone is looking for a framer. I know of no way to talk to Google about either. I just looked at my Adwords and the only way I saw was a Contact Us page. I haven't found anyway to contact someone about what comes up when I search for me.

Bottom line is to run fast from any fake Googler.

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
It's very easy. Google never calls. And mostly never writes. Any calls and almost all emails you get from dasGogle are spam from scammers who spam and try to make you think they are Google. They aren't and never will be.

And if the email is about search placement, I would 1000 zillion% guarantee you it is a scammer/spoofer.

BTW, what listing are you asking about, Adwords or what comes up in search when someone is looking for a framer. I know of no way to talk to Google about either. I just looked at my Adwords and the only way I saw was a Contact Us page. I haven't found anyway to contact someone about what comes up when I search for me.

Bottom line is to run fast from any fake Googler.

When we first bought the shop, there was a weird thing that came up, where it had the old shape name, but our new days/hours. I think our web guy got if fixed, but it had me concerned for awhile. So, I don't really have anything to chat about right now. But I figured there was some legit way for if I did. It's good to know that every single time I've hung up on them, it was fine.

They did bring a Google view street car through town a few years ago, and left a message wanting us to sign up for something. Maybe an inside view of the shop? That might be a good idea, but I ignored it, too.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
Mostly what you are hearing on the phone are sub-contractors that want to "manage" your Google+ listing. They have been knighted by Google to pilfer what they can, but Google will deny that.
I went through the whole spiel just to see where it ended, and it was basically someone promising stuff that they could not deliver. Imagine calling all your friends and saying that, for a small one-time fee, you would be their best friend forever. That's the kind of BS they are pushing.
Log on to your Google+, or establish one if you wish. Enter your data, and you are done. No need to pay that $199.00 fee to have someone do it for you.
It wont stop the phone calls, but you will be able to use your superpowers to ignore that call.
Oh, I almost forgot. Their telephone ID is "Unavailable".

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Mostly what you are hearing on the phone are sub-contractors that want to "manage" your Google+ listing. They have been knighted by Google to pilfer what they can, but Google will deny that.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. To me that is just false news. I have never seen anything even remotely providing any proof of this. Of course Google will deny their existence - because they don't exist. And no I can't prove they don't exist any more than anyone else can prove they do. These are just slime-ball scammers at work.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. To me that is just false news. I have never seen anything even remotely providing any proof of this. Of course Google will deny their existence - because they don't exist. And no I can't prove they don't exist any more than anyone else can prove they do. These are just slime-ball scammers at work.
OK, I can see that. I must have been thinking about the Comcast/AT&T hucksters that do have the blessing of those corporations to annoy you. Scammer Google's are the ones with the robocalls that start out "Please don't hang up!" which is my clue to do exactly that. I have tried to stop answering the ones with "unavailable" as their caller ID, but there are a couple of my customers that have their ID blocked, so it's a carp-shoot. My voicemail message says I'm screening calls because of the robocalls.
According to my Congressman, there was legislation passed at the federal level banning robocalls to cell phones. I have not noticed a decrease.

FramerInTraining

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Google does call. They can easily provide you proof they are the REAL google by sending you an email form google.com
That email comes with proper signature and would have a US phone number to call back.
I've done it several times and they are almost always well spoken U.S. based google employees.

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Trash Gogle and use DuckDuckGo!

My post was about telephone calls, and by extension, any fallout for our business in Google searches by others.
But,this is great advice for search engines. My hubby switched to DuckDuckGo! last year and loves it. :)

Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC