Opinions Wanted WHat do people think of the Logan 850 mat cutter

Modigity

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
I have been searching for a fletcher 2200 for awhile now but am i need of the 40 inch discontinued model. But I was wondering as a alternative what do people think of the new logans. I need the smaller model for my store front as I have a Speedmat at my studio and 48" CH at my store but would like to this one with 40 inch model. I also need to move it around alot so would like a lighter model than the CH.

I have been searching for a fletcher 2200 for awhile now but am i need of the 40 inch discontinued model. But I was wondering as a alternative what do people think of the new logans. I need the smaller model for my store front as I have a Speedmat at my studio and 48" CH at my store but would like to this one with 40 inch model. I also need to move it around alot so would like a lighter model than the CH.

The Logan 850/855 is the reincarnation of the Phaedra Chronomat. When Phaedra went out of business they sold the Chronomat to Logan who rebranded it under their own name. The Chronomat is a great mat cutter. I have had my 60" Chronomat for 7 years and still love it.

There have been one or two here who have bought the Logan and seemed happy with it. Still looking for someone who has used both the Chronomat and the Logan for a real comparison between the two. They look identical.

Pretty..... Well my pretties, we don't need no stinking pretty mat cutter...............just pretty mats...........with no blood on them..........and for that the Logan will suffice.
I remember about five years ago Phaedra came out with a "deluxe" model Chronomat that WAS really pretty. The various parts were anodized and/or painted different colors, and the mat guide incorporated the look of a French curve. I was so tempted to buy one, but I knew I would be getting a CMC soon so I never did.
:cool: Rick

Should be ok

I had the 650 for many years, and made me lots of pesos. Then I've got the 2200 and somehow never really liked it and kept going back to the Logan whenever I could. If I would get a new cutter I would get the new Logan. Logan stands behind the products and will always send you replacement parts for free, at least that was my experience.

Back