Wanted: Wizard 8000 blades

KactusJakk

Grumbler
Hi all,

I need blades for my 8000 but I'm not yet registered with Wizard. Is anyone able to help me out?

Willing to pay, of course.

Thank you in advance!

You can get them from the CMC Doctor

You can get them from the CMC Doctor

Thank you for the message. I've checked there already and they're out of stock until "some time in 2020."

I guess I don't understand why you can't purchase them from Wizard directly. I didn't buy my first machine (5000 used) from them, but they've always treated me as if I did. Registering with them should be a quick process, and it really doesn't oblige you to anything.

I guess I don't understand why you can't purchase them from Wizard directly. I didn't buy my first machine (5000 used) from them, but they've always treated me as if I did. Registering with them should be a quick process, and it really doesn't oblige you to anything.

Eventually, when I have the $500 it costs to register... I will. Right now, I don't have $500 to pay them for the "privilege" of spending another $100 on blades.

Couldn't you just contact a shop in your area that has a Wizard 8000 with an account and make an offer to them when they order their blades to order more blades including enough blades for you and you will pay the shipping for the whole order or just pay the local shop a little extra?

Not every shop is on the Grumble and you may have a number of local shops that could help you if you contact them directly.

You might also contact Steve at...
www.aimequipmentcompany.com
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 8.23.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Eventually, when I have the $500 it costs to register... I will. Right now, I don't have $500 to pay them for the "privilege" of spending another $100 on blades.

Thanks for the answer. I knew they had changed some policies, like access to tech support, but I didn't know about a fee for registering a used machine.

Thanks for the answer. I knew they had changed some policies, like access to tech support, but I didn't know about a fee for registering a used machine.

Unfortunately, yes. And I get it, I guess. Just want to be up and running making some money so that $500 is a lot easier to come up with :)

Couldn't you just contact a shop in your area that has a Wizard 8000 with an account and make an offer to them when they order their blades to order more blades including enough blades for you and you will pay the shipping for the whole order or just pay the local shop a little extra?

Not every shop is on the Grumble and you may have a number of local shops that could help you if you contact them directly.

You might also contact Steve at...
www.aimequipmentcompany.com
View attachment 32430

Thanks for the reply! One local framer said no because he'd be helping his competition. There are a few others I could try. Steve facilitated the purchase of my machine, and I didn't even think of that.

Eventually I'm just going to have to register hah.

Thanks!!

This! I can't stand companies that make you pay a retainer just so that you can buy more of their product. It just feels wrong.

"Helping the competition" What a complete ass-hat. Good luck in life fella!

Hoping you got your problem sorted. I unfortunately don't have any =(

"Helping the competition" What a complete ass-hat. Good luck in life fella!
Hoping you got your problem sorted. I unfortunately don't have any =(
Yeah, "Helping the competition"....:icon11:
We let 3 other shops come in and use our Wizard 9000 and our dry mount presses from time to time.(there must be something wrong with us..):icon9:

Yes, I ended up registering with Wizard. Thanks!
I'm glad you got your blades, not so happy with Wizard, though.:kaffeetrinker-2:

I asked if you got your blades because I saw that Wizard is offering one box of blades for $39 each but 20 boxes for $24 each. I thought some of us could get together and buy bulk to save money. Anyone interested?

Yeah, "Helping the competition"....:icon11:
We let 3 other shops come in and use our Wizard 9000 and our dry mount presses from time to time.(there must be something wrong with us..):icon9:

I'm glad you got your blades, not so happy with Wizard, though.:kaffeetrinker-2:

You're simply a good person who understands business relationships.

Shame on you.

:p:p

I realize that we have slipped off-topic, but is Wizard giving you any more than the privilege of buying consumables for that fee? Tech support? Software updates?

And....when I started, there were 8 shops in my town that I could walk to and one that I had to drive to because it was 3 miles away and in the hills. Only one was willing to help me at all. Guess which one is still in business? I always jump at the chance to help any framer. It is FUN, and at worst it is banking a favor I may need in the future.

I realize that we have slipped off-topic, but is Wizard giving you any more than the privilege of buying consumables for that fee? Tech support? Software updates?

And....when I started, there were 8 shops in my town that I could walk to and one that I had to drive to because it was 3 miles away and in the hills. Only one was willing to help me at all. Guess which one is still in business? I always jump at the chance to help any framer. It is FUN, and at worst it is banking a favor I may need in the future.

None of the above, unless you purchase a monthly "support plan" which is $75/month. As I'm just starting out and this is a side job/hobby, I simply can't do that.

I did get a one-time download of their software, however, that isn't working and I am communicating with their tech support now. They have been pretty responsive about that which is good. It's funny, actually... I asked about issues with downloading the software because I saw on these forums that there were several - notably the program not communicating with the Wizard box. They assured me that everything would work fine, however, I'm having the exact issue I questioned about before purchasing. More to come I guess...

Wizard tech support seems to have lost some of their more seasoned techs. They simply aren't aware of some of the historical problems. But they are persistent and always manage to solve whatever problem I have encountered. Problems have been blessedly rare.

I do wonder about this thing about having to pay to be a customer. That is fairly recent.

Back