• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

WTB: Want to buy - Framing equipment (Colorado)

Diane Browning

Grumbler in Training
Hello, all - I am looking for leads on buying framing equipment. I'm located just outside Colorado Springs, but would be willing to drive to Denver or most anywhere I could get to in a few hours to look at or purchase equipment.

I'm retiring from my corporate job in a few months and I'm looking to start a framing business as a retirement hobby/vocation. I've attended a training course but I currently have no equipment or materials so I'll be starting from the ground up; i.e., I need everything!

I'd love to find a current business owner in the vicinity of Denver or Colorado Springs who is planning to retire or GOB and is looking to sell their equipment, but I'm open to any leads on individual pieces as well; e.g. Mat cutters, glass cutters, underpinners, dry mount presses, and choppers. I don't think I'm in the market to purchase a turnkey business because this will be a part-time retirement endeavor that will most likely be operated from home.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions or leads from this group. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Is Minneapolis to far? I have silent air compressors, underpinners, and a Tensador II T125 for sale.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
You might want to introduce yourself to some framers in the area, maybe not too close to where you are so you don't appear to be competition. Finding out suppliers and their reps from other framers can often result on leads to used machinery that is just sitting dormant in the back of somebody's garage.
Start with Russ Woods in Lakeland, Co. owner of Gray Owl Framing. He's a very talented framer and a font of knowledge besides being friendly and helpful.

Diane Browning

Grumbler in Training
You might want to introduce yourself to some framers in the area, maybe not too close to where you are so you don't appear to be competition. Finding out suppliers and their reps from other framers can often result on leads to used machinery that is just sitting dormant in the back of somebody's garage.
Start with Russ Woods in Lakeland, Co. owner of Gray Owl Framing. He's a very talented framer and a font of knowledge besides being friendly and helpful.
I sent Russ a message. Thanks for the suggestion.

Register for the picture framer's grumble