Valentine's Day Gifts

framergirl

Grumbler
Hello my fellow grumbles. Hope everyone had a good Christmas season and Happy New Year!

Due to Valentine's Day coming up, I want to add gifts within my store. Anyone have any recommendational gifts for this occasion or just in general that usually sell for impulse buyers? Does anyone make up store displays for their windows? Thinking about doing that too.

Your expertise and wisdom is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Might be a little late to purchase Valentines merchandise Serenity. I bought some stuff this year for the first time but I had to order it way back in October so I wouldn't miss out. As per usual I got everything from Two's Company. I got some teeny tiny heart shaped frames with cupids and rhinestones, heart shaped bath confetti, bars of soap with hearts and I love you's inside, a heart shaped box with soap roses in them. What's cool about these is you take a petal off the roses to use the soap. Very cool, wish I had a camera. The best item is a deck of playing cards that is in the shape of hearts made to look like conversation hearts. They are so cute, in fact I hadn't opened them five minutes earlier and someone came in and saw them and bought 4 decks of them.

Last year I combined vintage hankies and vintage valentine cards as sets to sell. I sold through all of them. This year I have a customer who is getting married on Valentines Day. Her mom had bought her one of those sets thinking it would be nice for her wedding as party favors. So, I am preparing 50 sets of those and they also plan on purchasing some of my Valentines mdse for their bridal shower.

This is the first year I have added actual Valentine's mdse. I seemed to have an interest in gifty things the past year. Although I didn't exactly blaze through all the Christmas stuff this year. Gotta at least try it though....

Good luck! Remember you have to buy way ahead when you want this seasonal mdse, not much to choose from otherwise.

[ 01-13-2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Emibub ]

Kathy where did you find the vintage valentines? I have vintage hankies but would like to do up some valentines and have not found a source. Sharon

Ebay, Sharon, Ebay. I even looked it up for you, in fact, there was an auction ending in a minute and a half and I bid on it, and won. :eek: I looked up Vintage Valentines

Have fun!

I also have a lady I do business with locally. She lives in a remote part of Colorado and hits lots of estate sales and auctions. Lot's of good stuff to be found in those little towns.....

I've lived in this part of the country for so long that I couldn't appreciate the concept of a "remote part of Colorado" until I spent some time in Yaak, Montana. Met a couple there who relocated from Colorado cause it was getting too crowded. They ended up living on the side of the river without electricity. Had a phone jack on a pole on the other side of the river. I think about this sometimes when I go to work. Takes me about 90 minutes to commute 23 miles. Normally have two speeds--fast and stop.

Thanks for the information. I will check this out. I have been buying antique postcards of our community on e-bay and framing them. They sell quite well also. Sharon

Katman: does "inside the Beltway" ring a bell? Gotta stop that commute, man. Live on your boat on Spa Creek, walk to work. Or on South River and cycle to work. Kids? What kids? Lotsa people raise kids on boats. And when vacatio ntimehits, point her 180 south and cruise to Norfolk.

O well, just a dreamy idea.

Back