Vacuum press shocks

DS

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I'm replacing the shocks on my 3444H vacuum press.
Is there a trick to re-attaching the clip to the bottom of the shock?

I'm replacing the shocks on my 3444H vacuum press.
Is there a trick to re-attaching the clip to the bottom of the shock?
Can someone post a picture of their clip in place so I can see how it should go?
Thanks.

Can someone post a picture of their clip in place so I can see how it should go?
Thanks.
I don't have a picture handy, but if it's like the struts (shocks) on the larger press, the clip is like a "C" with a straight post on one end.
The straight post slips into a hole in the ball of the strut.
Then you rotate the "C" part of the clip to snap it over the stem at the base of the ball end of the strut.

I don't have a picture handy, but if it's like the struts (shocks) on the larger press, the clip is like a "C" with a straight post on one end.
Then you rotate the "C" part of the clip to snap it over the stem at the base of the ball end of the strut.
I see what you are referring to.
Thanks!
Dan

I see what you are referring to.
Thanks!
Dan
Glad to help if I can.
I've been framing for almost 50 years now and I still work full time in a high volume shop in Phoenix AZ.
I'm a former drag racer from back in the late 60's and the 70's and I'm a machine "nerd".

Us "old geezers" have got to stick together sometimes and we get stuff done.;):cool:
Have a good one.

I need to replace my "Gas Springs" as well on my Vacuseal 4366M-someotherletters.
Any recommended source for parts?

Call Wendy at D & K directly
Best option and much less time trying to find a source and "right" one and connectors
1-704-990-2202

Call Wendy at D & K directly
Best option and much less time trying to find a source and "right" one and connectors
1-704-990-2202
Definitely call Wendy. I've been working 3 days with her to help me get my vacuum back on my 3444H. Finally got it working thanks to her.

We have a Vacuseal and it seems the piston clips were never put back in by the old owner. Can these be ordered? I ordered new pistons and just got them in today...did not come with the "C" rings.

Back