• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
AIM: New/Used Picture Framing Equip. 330-405-9421

V nailer opinions please....

Charbo

Grumbler
Have a line on both a VN42 Mitremite or a Cassesse C89, about the same prices, both in good condition. Now...I'm used to the Cassesse, and never used the mitremite, am I correct in assuming there are heads that need to be changed every time you need a different size v nail? I know with the Cassesse, it's just a cartridge that slips in easily. And yes...I like easy, but would also like it to last....

Thanks in advance!!

romanf

Grumbler
Have a line on both a VN42 Mitremite or a Cassesse C89, about the same prices, both in good condition. Now...I'm used to the Cassesse, and never used the mitremite, am I correct in assuming there are heads that need to be changed every time you need a different size v nail? I know with the Cassesse, it's just a cartridge that slips in easily. And yes...I like easy, but would also like it to last....

Thanks in advance!!
Yes, the head has to be changed but it takes just a few seconds to do so.

IFGL

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
We have a cassesse and a vn (alpha machine) two of us prefer the Alpha an one prefers the Cassese. No help at all sorry :)

FM Framer

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
I've experienced both brands of underpinners in the past - but use the Cassesse - zero issues (the toughest part is acknowledging that French and the Italians actually build reliable gear)

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser