For Sale: Underpinners, a CMC, and Multi-media cutter for SALE

AaronF

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Hi everyone,

Due to COVID, our business has needed to make a hard left and we are looking to put our equipment in new loving homes.

1. I've got three Cassesse CS89 Underpinners. Two of which are complete and in fine working order, the other is a frame and slider only that I was keeping as a project or for parts. I'm asking $800CAD per unit and only $150 for the frame and slider.

2. VacuSeal 4468H Unit works without any issues and holds psi to 17-19 when vacuum is on. The vacuum bladder was in near perfect condition when I had the felt out of it last, about 2 months ago. It's only seen light duty the last 4 years of which I have owned it. Asking $3000CAD.

3. Wizard 9000 CMC. The unit hasn't seen much use in the last year but I've always kept on top of cleaning it regularly and have never had an issue with it. It comes with a Lenovo all-in-one PC that has a clamp mount on the rear so that it can clamp to a mount on the CMC base. $

I'll add more pictures as I find them. These items are in a heated storage unit right now but are easily accessible for me as they're stored on my property.

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_184728.jpg
    IMG_20200606_184728.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 75
Hi everyone,

Due to COVID, our business has needed to make a hard left and we are looking to put our equipment in new loving homes.

1. I've got three Cassesse CS89 Underpinners. Two of which are complete and in fine working order, the other is a frame and slider only that I was keeping as a project or for parts. I'm asking $800CAD per unit and only $150 for the frame and slider.

2. VacuSeal 4468H Unit works without any issues and holds psi to 17-19 when vacuum is on. The vacuum bladder was in near perfect condition when I had the felt out of it last, about 2 months ago. It's only seen light duty the last 4 years of which I have owned it. Asking $3000CAD.

3. Wizard 9000 CMC. The unit hasn't seen much use in the last year but I've always kept on top of cleaning it regularly and have never had an issue with it. It comes with a Lenovo all-in-one PC that has a clamp mount on the rear so that it can clamp to a mount on the CMC base. $

I'll add more pictures as I find them. These items are in a heated storage unit right now but are easily accessible for me as they're stored on my property.

Hi, do you still have an underpinner available? Im in Niagara Falls, NY. Border is closed but maybe we can make something happen. Thanks, Matt

Dear Aeron, I would like to buy one of the Cassesse CS89 Underpinners which are complete and working. Please can you email me with a price including shipping to France.
I can pay by bank transfer or card. Thank you. Isabel
Izzypost@icloud.com

Dear Aeron, I would like to buy one of the Cassesse CS89 Underpinners which are complete and working. Please can you email me with a price including shipping to France.
I can pay by bank transfer or card. Thank you. Isabel
Izzypost@icloud.com
Isabel, since Cassese machines come from France, you might be better off finding one closer to you.
I doubt shipping to France from the US would be affordable at all?

Isabel,

There are many frame shops closing in France, due to children not wanting to follow in their parents occupation.
You should be able to find plenty for sale. Ask any of the distributors - they will know of frame shops closing
If you say where you are located I can tell you your nearest distributor

Or ask on the French Framers Forum. Herranz in Spain also has a big stock of used machines
Bon chance, :D and let us know how you succeed

Isabel,

There are many frame shops closing in France, due to children not wanting to follow in their parents occupation.
You should be able to find plenty for sale. Ask any of the distributors - they will know of frame shops closing
If you say where you are located I can tell you your nearest distributor

Or ask on the French Framers Forum. Herranz in Spain also has a big stock of used machines
Bon chance, :D and let us know how you succeed
Hello, thank you for the information.
i am in the .Aquitaine near Geaune. I couldn’t find anything on a google search.
i have previously tried hobby ones, but they don’t work and cost quite.a lot, so I’m definitely ready to invest in a professional one.
i am an artist, and will need to frame all my paintings myself, in order to make them more affordable to customers
.But I need the frames to look professiona. I have a mitre sander to get the corners perfect, but then when I join them, the last corner in particular lets it down.
i saw this site in England, where their cheapest one is £880,, and I’d have to pay delivery from there.https://www.framersequipment.co.uk/cassese_joining_equipment.htm
i would be happy with a second hand one, and local will be best for shippin.

If you are unable to join the 4th corner by hand, an underpinner isn't going to be of much help. There is something amiss with your miters or you could be joining them perfectly by hand. Get a machinists square with a 45degree edge and check the accuracy of your sander.
Somethiing like this:
1619633768484.png

Thank you. I have this.
the problem is hitting in the v Nails. When I clamp the corners, the v nail doesn’t go in without messing it up. This is usually worst on the final corner.

You might not need an underpinner.
Most of us started out with glue and miter vises and that works fine for lower production.
If your miters are not true, no underpinner wil help you with that fourth corner.

The frames are large. Glue doesn’t hold them. I need the metal v nails.
how can i to get them into the wood.?
the corners line up fine as a whole but it goes wrong when I attempt to nail them.

Hello, thank you for the information.
i am in the .Aquitaine near Geaune. I couldn’t find anything on a google search.
Cher Isabel,
The nearest to you in in Toulouse Eurobaguettes .

EURO have just about everything a framers needs, The rep. for your area will have a wealth of knowledge., Ask him to come and see you.
Jérémy Martin
Eurobaguettes Midi-Pyrénées
05 34 61 23 06
06 87 56 02 71
euro.mp@wanadoo.fr

The frames are large. Glue doesn’t hold them. I need the metal v nails.
how can i to get them into the wood.?
the corners line up fine as a whole but it goes wrong when I attempt to nail them.

The method framers use without an underpinner is very solid and it doesn't really matter how large the frame is. The glue is the strongest bond. The v-nails or nails hold the join together until the glue is dry and is a bit of an extra safety measure. But the right glue is what holds it together.

You can use corner vises, something like this:

You glue, clamp in vise and cross nail on the sides. It leaves a few little holes, which you then fill up with putty. Leave in vise until glue is dry.

Just an idea if you can't find a good underpinner.

Thank you. Are you able to recommend a glue?
i tried a powder glue, someone I knew had recommended, but it fell apart.
Thank you for the other advise.

The trade names for glue used in the US may not be available in France, We use Tite Bond, Corner Weld, Maxim, and any of a variety of Carpenter's glue. They are all liquid glues.
Gluing technique matters as well. You want a good thin skim coat on both faces of the miter joint, and the glue should cure under pressure, either from a vice or clamp, or from v-nails or brads.

I have just seen the reply from Jeremy at Eurobaguettes. I will contact you on the contact details provided. Thank you!

Back