• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Uncle Boggy are you okay?

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

ArtLady

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Uncle Boggy are you okay??

------------------
Timberwoman
AL
I cut the mat, I pet the =^..^= cat.

ArtLady

Since East Amherst is a suburb of Buffalo between Niagara Falls and Buffalo there is some concern about the Power Authority up in Niagara Falls. The Power Authority from the Falls is the source for electricity for a very large area including NYC. If taken out there could be some big problems. It has crossed my mind that the plane that went down near Pittsburgh might have had the Niagara Falls Power Authority as the target. Perhaps the pilot took it out so there would not be a situation like the WTC.

Our Airports are closed and the border is closed in one of the three crossings near the Power Authority. Niagara Falls is on high alert and they have closed some of the highways near the Falls. It is kind of scarey.

Larson Juhl called. They will not be delivering as the guard keeps stopping to check the truck for obvious reasons.

No comparison to the devestation at the WTC. 110 Floors just gone. I was at a clients house right after I heard. He had a big screen TV so we got to see some of the news, but both myself and the client decided that neither of us was in a frame of mind to discuss artwork.

------------------
Timberwoman
AL
I cut the mat, I pet the =^..^= cat.

A

alan beitz

Our commisserations to all Grumblers over there - It affects everbody when stupidity like this occurs - makes you realize just how insulated we feel down here in Aus - it couldn't happen to us -I wonder. Regards Alan

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller
K

koglerem

Its nice to hear from other people from across the world - this is a tough time for all of America.

I'm 5 hours away by car, but one of my clients was in the World Financial Center and witnessed the whole thing - fortunately, he was able to walk home unharmed. I can only imagine what is going through his mind. I emailed his partner in PA to see how everyone was - they are very lucky. The whole thing makes me want to cry, be angry, and still not want to believe it.
The ironic part, is that I was buying an American flag when I heard what had happened...

------------------
Elaine
The Skaneateles Framing Co.

Framing Goddess

Yesterday's e-mail from Seth:
"I got turned away, it seems they ran out of bags, but I'll be back
tomorrow...I saw the whole f u c k i n g thing from the train. We just pulled out
of my station when the first plane hit. I saw the fireball, I saw the smoke.
There was paper floating in the smoke...it looked like bits of silver. Then
we went underground. When we surfaced on the bridge into Manhattan, We saw
the second tower on fire. It must have been just after the second plane hit.
When I got out at 14th street, I heard that the first tower had collapsed.
When I had walked a few blocks on my way to the office, I heard that the
second tower had gone. This is the worst f u c k i n g thing I have ever seen in
my life.
Seth"

Bogframe

Brooklyn, NY USA, Right Near Coney Island, The Bro
Just to clarify what Edie was good enough to forward. I tried to donate blood after everything happened, but they had run out of blood bags. It was the same situation today.
So many great people are out there giving what they can to get this city through this catastrophe, it's the only heartening thing about this whole mess. I couldn't get into the city to work today, the subways into the city on my line aren't running. They hope to have them up tomorrow. Work will be a consolation...something to keep my mind occupied. Even though I saw it happen, this is such a huge thing that my mind still can't entirely grasp the enormity of it all. Pray for those who didn't make it, and those who may still be found alive.
Seth

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

jvandy57

Seth,
Good to hear you're "ok". The next time you come to Louisville, I'll buy you a beer. Cunninghams, the resturant that we had the HH'ers meet at, burned down about a month ago. I am sorry you saw it happen, it will no doubt leave a terrible vision in your mind. Louisvillians are flocking to the Red Cross to give blood. I will wait a few days and let things smooth out before I donate. 4 hour wait to give blood now. The supply is going to be needed for a while yet.

Thoughts are with you,
Jerry

Bogframe

Brooklyn, NY USA, Right Near Coney Island, The Bro
Sorry to hear about Cunningham's, it was a great place with a lot of history and fantastic food.
I went into work for the first time since those SOB's struck. I immediately noticed that the towers weren't there. I could always see them from the platform and between stops on the train. The big shock came when we resurfaced on the Manhattan Bridge. There was a blank spot where the towers once stood, and a plume of smoke coming from the site. I'm what I consider to be a tough guy, but the tears came, and I was not alone...there was hardly a dry eye on the train.
I pass the South Armory on my way to and from work. This is where the families of those missing come to see if there is any news of their loved ones and can bring pictures and samples of DNA (!) to help in the identification. All along the street on the side of the armory, there are posters as far as the eye can see of missing people with descriptions, where they worked and phone numbers from frantic relatives and loved ones. My heart goes out to these people who can only wait and pray that their loved ones are OK.
The wind shifted North while I went out to lunch, and there was a smell in the air that was horrific. It was a blend of burning plastic, wood, metal and meat. The sun was shining through the smoke, but the smell will be burned into my brain along with the memory of seeing the towers on fire with my own eyes, and then seeing everything played out on TV that night. I don't have cable, and since most of the stations had their transmitter on the Tower, there was only CBS, which keeps a spare transmitter on top of the Empire State Building.
As we passed over the bridge on the way back to Brooklyn, I again saw in the dark, a space where blacked out buildings still stood. In the middle of this dark spot was light coming from the rescue effort. It reminded me of the Phoenix, that mythological bird that if killed, will rise from the ashes anew. Let us hope that NYC can be like that phoenix!
I know I'm usually short and to-the-point in my posts, but the events of the past few days have been overwhelming, and I figured that venting to my friends and collegues on The Grumble would be the best and healthiest outlet. Thanks for your indulgence.

------------------
Seth J. Bogdanove, CPF
22 years framing and still lo
ving it!
As usual, the website is www.masterclamp.com

[This message has been edited by Bogframe (edited September 14, 2001).]

Dermot

Seth

In my book you have absolutely nothing to apologies about.

In Ireland we are in a state of shock I expect there is virtually no family in Ireland who has not got some sort of relative living in New York.

One girl (McCourt)(Irish) and her 4 year old daughter, they were on one of the planes which hit the WTC, her brother was in the WTC he made it.

The Chaplain for the New York Fire Dept. was Irish.

These are just some of the Irish who did not make it.

Take care and keep the faith.

Dermot

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System