• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

UK business looking for Art & Framing Distributors

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
Good day to you all. May I introduce myself as the former Sales Director of Larson Juhl UK. Whilst seeking new employment, I am acting as an agent for a UK tech business, who have a globally patented product designed for the art and framing industry. My knowledge of the U.S.A. and Canada territories are minimal, other than what I know of Larson Juhl, so I am reaching out to this forum for some advice on distributors whom you feel I should make contact with. The innovative product does require a hand sell approach, so I am looking for those distributors whom supply you with component parts with an active sales representative presence. Please do let me know any recommendations you may have other than LJ, either who have full state coverage or state by state focussed distributors. My email is jamesburston@hotmail.com and I would welcome any distributor on this forum to make contact, if interested to find out more information. Thank you in advance and Kind Regards. Please advise if this is not a suitable post thread, as I do not wish to cause any offence or disrespect of this forum.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Welcome to the G, James!

Are you looking for a certain type of distributor? As in, is it hardware, you might recommend a different distributor than for machines, equipment, moulding.

Are you looking for companies with actual reps who would sell the product?

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Is this a product that will compete with the custom picture framer?

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
Thank you for the responses. The company I am acting as an agent for are called Playback Frames. They have a globally patented product, which is essentially a tech panel (charged via USB cable and long battery life) which would insert into a multi aperture frame. The tech panels can be sold either with pre loaded content i.e. copyrighted content sport such as soccer or as non-content panels, so for a high street framer to promote to consumers as an idea for a wedding gift, or college graduation for example. They do have a relationship with a custom framer who sell finished product to US market, but they are wanting to sell the tech panels as a standalone item. In the UK, they are distributed by a company called Centrado, who have a model in line with LJ, so selling mouldings, mount board, sundries items, glazing and these tech panels as an additional stock keeping unit. They have recently secured the digital content for the top 4 soccer leagues in the world (England, Spain, Germany, Italy), so can supply you with tech panels with pre loaded content. The global reach of the major soccer leagues, as well as US centric sports such as Baseball, Nascar etc.., mean there is a real commercial opportunity to build your own multi aperture frames to your customer base. I hope this helps and thanks again?

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Yes, it does!

I’m trying to rethink this, as I was thinking along the lines of moulding and hardware distributors. Most of them don’t have actual visiting reps.

Will have to think about this a little more and hopefully more people will jump in

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
Yes, it does!

I’m trying to rethink this, as I was thinking along the lines of moulding and hardware distributors. Most of them don’t have actual visiting reps.

Will have to think about this a little more and hopefully more people will jump in
Hi there,

From my research, it looks like Omega seem to fit my brief closest. Would you agree that they have a product range that would be complimented by Payback Frames? They appear to have active sales representation. I have tried to make contact with them on their general email enquiries, but would be great if you had an intro to one of their actual sales reps.

Many Thanks

James

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Hi James,

I don’t order from Omega, so hopefully someone else can jump in here. You could also try Decor. I use Donmar, more of a local distributor to the New England area.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
You might want to consider distributors of supplies for specialty advertisers/engravers. And the people who sell trade-show supplies. I can see lots more applications outside the picture framing industry than in it. It would be a useful market, but probably not as large as these others might be. Good luck. I will be interested in seeing the product once there are US distributors

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
Thank you to both wvframer and Ylva for your support and great advice. I am still on the lookout and will post once I have secured a US distributor. I can arrange for a panel to be sent to you wvframer, as we have stock already in the US. Please contact me on jamesburston@hotmail.com and I will organise for you. Would be great for you to share your feedback with forum, if the features and benefits and ease of insertion into a frame are to your expectations. I have attached a We Transfer link which has a video how to guide and a generic PDF presentation (link expires after 7 days)

alacrity8

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I would also be interested in seeing your product.
Not quite sure that I'd be interested in it having pre-loaded content, but I'd have to see it first.

We see Sales Reps from the following Companies on at least yearly basis:
Larson Juhl
Omega Moulding
Studio Moulding
Decor Moulding
AMPF
Designer Moulding
Direct Moulding
Bella Moulding

Some of the Reps that we see represent multiple companies.
I'm not sure how common it is to see so many Reps.

Best of Luck

Brian

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Keith L Hewitt

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
James, surprised no one has suggested you attend WCAF show in Las Vegas. Nearly all the companies mentioned above have a booth
Its a fantastic show and will give you the chance to appraise many distributors, without the need to travel extensively around the USA
Jan 26 - 29th so you need to get your skates on!

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
I would also be interested in seeing your product.
Not quite sure that I'd be interested in it having pre-loaded content, but I'd have to see it first.

We see Sales Reps from the following Companies on at least yearly basis:
Larson Juhl
Omega Moulding
Studio Moulding
Decor Moulding
AMPF
Designer Moulding
Direct Moulding
Bella Moulding

Some of the Reps that we see represent multiple companies.
I'm not sure how common it is to see so many Reps.

Best of Luck

Brian
Hi Brian,
Thank you for the list, I will ensure I follow up with each of them. As soon as we have a distributor in situ, I will ensure they get in touch with you. If you want one any sooner, then drop me a message on jamesburston@hotmail.com and I will organise one to be shipped to you.

Best Wishes

James

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
James, surprised no one has suggested you attend WCAF show in Las Vegas. Nearly all the companies mentioned above have a booth
Its a fantastic show and will give you the chance to appraise many distributors, without the need to travel extensively around the USA
Jan 26 - 29th so you need to get your skates on!
Hi Keith,
I did send the WCAF details to the company owners late last year. I may suggest a late flight booking as does seem to make a lot of sense, to meet these companies in person. We were liasing with a potential distributor that was going to represent us at the show, but the discussions did not result in any agreement.

Kind Regards,

James

JamesBurstonFromEngland

Grumbler in Training
Great news, I am now going to be attending the WCAF next week. I have just booked flights and will be there from Sunday to Tuesday, flying back out to UK on Wednesday lunchtime. Please get in touch with me on jamesburston@hotmail.com and arrange a suitable time and location to meet me. I will have the video panels with me, so you can see them and understand the full functionality. I am staying at the hotel where WCAF is being staged from Saturday night for 4 nights. Would be great to meet up with any of you also staying over. I hope to see as many of you at the show as possible. My mobile number is 07804 472292 and I will ensure I have roaming all set up for US coverage. I can also be contacted on Whats App, so please do get in touch.

Register for the picture framer's grumble
Register for the picture framer's grumble