TWT Precision Mitre parts

Pinhole

Grumbler
Business
My little start-up frame shop
Where might a guy find replacement parts for an old saw? I have a 12" TWT Precision Mitre Machine with 1" arbors that I acquired with my shop. I know nothing about this saw, as I don't know where I to find a serial number for it. There is a patent # on the label under the name, the label being on the blade cover, but it is mostly illegible due to wear and tear. I have managed to spiff it up with new Quinn blades, and they have made a huge difference over the 20 year old beaters that were on it. My problem is, I am missing an arbor washer (bushing?) for the outside of one blade. The problem was remedied long before I came along with two varying-sized washers. This poses a problem, though, because the one against the blade is way too big and cuts into 3" moulding. I'm sure I could go find another washer that would do the trick, but, being the fact that this thing is a "Precision Machine", I'd kind of like to have it right. Especially when we are talking about a sharp cutting object spinning at very many RPMs in close proximity to my person. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Where might a guy find replacement parts for an old saw? I have a 12" TWT Precision Mitre Machine with 1" arbors that I acquired with my shop. I know nothing about this saw, as I don't know where I to find a serial number for it. There is a patent # on the label under the name, the label being on the blade cover, but it is mostly illegible due to wear and tear. I have managed to spiff it up with new Quinn blades, and they have made a huge difference over the 20 year old beaters that were on it. My problem is, I am missing an arbor washer (bushing?) for the outside of one blade. The problem was remedied long before I came along with two varying-sized washers. This poses a problem, though, because the one against the blade is way too big and cuts into 3" moulding. I'm sure I could go find another washer that would do the trick, but, being the fact that this thing is a "Precision Machine", I'd kind of like to have it right. Especially when we are talking about a sharp cutting object spinning at very many RPMs in close proximity to my person. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I am unfamiliar with this particular machine.
It sounds like you have one correct washer.
If that is the case, I'd recommend getting all of the measurements, and either checking with a company like Grainger, or contacting a machine shop if it is a real odd ball.
I did see this label online that may correspond with your machine.
images

Hi, I have exactly the same machine that’s in good shape. I have several sets of blades. I don’t really have the space for it anymore.

Attachments

• C6565E5B-F226-45BF-88B0-746605ABB426.jpeg
    C6565E5B-F226-45BF-88B0-746605ABB426.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 10
Back