• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Question Truvue museum reflection - green or purple

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
I do use those blue grippy gloves for large pieces of glass as well as boxes of it.
My hands are so dry that I can't grip any box of glass as it slips right out.

tedh

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
I am afraid my problem may be that with advancing age my hands are just losing their "best by" date.

I am losing my grip.

*sigh*
Those Dollarama white gloves with the yellow dots are quite grippy. My right hand grip is gone, but the gloves really help. Just be careful- they leave prints, so if you’re working with something special, switch hands, and use the non-grippy sides.

Framar

WOW Framer
Cool. I have been compiling a list for Dollarama and will add those to my list. I use their black or white rubber gloves for pumping gas and spray them down with disinfectant when finished. They are pretty grippy, too - ought to try them on glass if I ever make it back to my shop . . .

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Tru Vue now offers two kinds of gloves. The second choice is made from a grey stretch fabric, with a black gripping surface on the palm and bottom of the fingers. They make it much easier to handle large lites and leave no residue as long as they are clean. The wash well for a couple of washings, but the black plastic will begin to crack after a while.

They last me a long time, but I use them every day, so I get a couple of pairs from TV 2-3 times a year.

The cotton gloves still have their uses, but they do occasionally leave lint and can look perfectly clean but transfer oils to the surface of the glazing. And as I age and weaken, I appreciate the sure grip of the new gloves.

cjmst3k

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Pat - Indeed, those are the gloves. When I would wear them they would feel like hard plastic. Maybe we got a bad set. The newer ones that look the same don't currently have that issue. I thought maybe it was that they dry out over time.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
TV has both the cotton as the “rubbery” gloves. I like both of them. The rubbery ones come in small.
I use them, but agree that you need to keep an eye on them as that rubber will change over time. Or under different circumstances,

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202