• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

Treads in the decorative art market

framer1

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
As far as framing, matting and subject matter what trends are you seeing? Not in large metropolitan areas the smaller areas.

Prospero

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
I think the 'in-thing' at the moment is the 'weathered' wood look - for artwork anyway.

Subtle distressed surface with various paint treatments. What we used to call 'shabby chic'.

The old brown polished moulding looks very 'old hat'. Nice figured veneers excepted.....

I rarely use strong colored mats anymore. All shades of neutral. Bear in mind I frame mostly artwork.

🙂

cjmst3k

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Decor has a number of mildly weathered (but still contemporary) frames that are growing in popularity, including one that has a v-groove cut into the panel with gold or silver. There's a nice distressed dry looking contemporary design from AMCI length that are really good and we're selling a lot.