• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Opinions Wanted the first of many...

MATTHEW HALE

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
this is #1 of about 60 of these I'll be doing over the next several months. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism or general opinions my fellow Grumblers might have to offer.

Attachments

tedh

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
You The Man!

That's a perfect presentation. Lots to see. Great color, perfect composition, layers are a nice idea, no blank spaces, and the overall impression is as busy as that band.

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I like it!
I've done many of the signed Fender Squire "Strats" and signed drum heads myself and I like the layout that you did.
Sometimes I look at a layout and I want to make it a grid pattern and "too perfect" but then often the artistic sort of "chaos" is the best way to go and it looks great.
When I mount the Fender Squires or Strats I like to use the plate that attaches the neck to the body and I just replace a couple of the screws with stainless steel screws that are longer and go thru the backing with large fender washers.
Fender washers for a Fender guitar I guess...:rolleyes:

How did you attach the guitar if you don't mind telling?
And you've only got 59 more to do.....:p

Last edited:

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
When I mount the Fender Squires or Strats I like to use the plate that attaches the neck to the body and I just replace a couple of the screws with stainless steel screws that are longer and go thru the backing with large fender washers.
Yep! That's a great way to do it.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Looks fantastic - great color and presentations.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

MATTHEW HALE

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
How did you attach the guitar if you don't mind telling?
And you've only got 59 more to do.....:p
if you squint just right you can see the acrylic brackets attached at the two strap knobs. Just a 2" wide piece of 1/4" acrylic bent at 90° with a few strategically placed holes. One big hole in the upright portion to screw the strap knob through and a few smaller holes in the part hidden by the guitar body where I used 3/8" aluminum screw posts to attach to the gator board backing.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding