The Ever Popular "Can You Name This Frame?"

Have you checked Nurre?

However, it looks like one that Framica/Framerica has made a copy of. Less detail on the back ridges however. I think it comes black paperwrapped on MDF, with Hot foil for the trim.

It's not exact, but Studio was showing some new mouldings in NY that were very similar. I know they had some with the gold on inner and outer edges with deep mahogany color between. They had them in a high gloss and matt finish. Can't remember if they had them with black?!? The mahogany ones were very nice looking.

Ok, I just looked and don't see a black. But the mahogany is VERY elegant. (I ordered samples at the show and my wall is full.)

Take a look:

http://www.studiomoulding.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Products&ProductID=87&CFID=1733217&CFTOKEN=58694531

Cliff

Studio Moulding Inc. is a wholesale distributor to-the-trade-only, and it reserves the right to determine the qualifications of a customer to purchase its products. A customer must be in the art and framing business or allied industry and must provide evidence of its legitimacy by way of an appropriate business License and a Resale Number. Possession of our catalog or a visit tour website does not constitute the right to buy.
kind of strange, but that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I don't think Studio sells crap like that.

Back