Talking Frames

jvandy57

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Savannah, GA
Anybody have a source for Talking Frames 8 x 10 or 5 x 7 or whatever.

Friend has a relative that is dying and her time is short and they would like to record her voice for prosperity on these frames.

So, let me know if you have a contact.

Ron Eggers

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Wisconsin
Jerry, I'll bet Radio Shack has 'em. Maybe they even have the modules you could install in a real frame.

If not, I'll ask my talking tape measure if he has any ideas.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
From
Lincoln, RI
Business
Get The Picture
I have also seen these at places like Christmas Tree Shops, Building 19, Job Lot stores, etc. (if in your area)

My only question: What happens when the battery dies? Recording it on a PC might be a good idea, then you can transfer it to the frame as many times as needed when the batteries need to be replaced.

Mike

ron2.gif

Framerguy

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Destin, Florida
Jerry,

I did a Google search for "talking picture frames" and got a dozen pages of URL's that carry them.

I doubt that you will find a wholesale outlet for just one of these puppies so you may want to check out some of the retail sites and see how they price their frames out.

(Now that I think of it, Ron DID find a single talking tape measure so maybe you CAN find an outlet for a single talking frame.)

Framerguy

Tommy P

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Mid North Indiana
Jerry....Did this for my father when he was seriously ill. He has since passed away. Radio Shack is where I got it.....my two kids did a recording just for Grandpa with pictures of them when they were young.....I still remember the look on his face when he got them...priceless.
They carry a few different types and sizes...price is not to bad.

frameboy

jvandy57

From
Savannah, GA
Thanks all,
I knew to ask Ron if I needed a talking tape measure, I'll have her try Radio Shack, but I like Mikes Idea of getting it recorded on a PC.

jvandy57

From
Savannah, GA
Originally posted by Framerguy:
Jerry,

I did a Google search for "talking picture frames" and got a dozen pages of URL's that carry them.

FG why would I want to do something as simple as searching the net, duoh!

Framerguy

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Destin, Florida
Jerry,

Sorry, I lost control for an instant there!

I'm OK now.

Framerguy

Puppyraiser

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Maryland
Business
Howards retired
We have 12 of these little units that you attach to the back of a picture frame. That would be out of the 12 units that we originally purchased about 4 years ago... But there might be a run on them soon...