Speciality mats

Sharonx

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Does anyone have a source for speciality mats? I used to use the W series from Crescent and really miss them. They have come out with nothing that comes close to comparing. Bainbridge is pretty limited also. I am also still having trouble with certain colors of Crescent (mainly browns). They will not cut smooth. I thought it was just me as no-one else seemed to have the same trouble. Last week I talked to a vendor that does contract mat cutting and they agreed about the bad paper on some colors. As I talk to more framers, I find I am not the only one who is dissatisfied with Crescent.

Sharon, you can get Specialty Mats from the company that made them for Crescent - Specialty Mats.

The Palmetto Group here in the South sells them. I am sure that someone in your area carries them. I sell a lot of these and was flipping out when Crescent stopped caring them.

The company is in Alabama I believe and you can buy direct from them, you just have to buy by the box.

Thanks for the information. I looked on yahoo search and only came up with floor mats or crescent and bainbridge. Do you have a phone # or address for speciality mats?

I just thought I should warn you....the mats from Specialty Mats are regular old wood pulp mats. They don't have the white cores that Crescent used. That might make a difference to you....or not.

Thanks Frank. I was going to call today but got so busy it slipped my mind. Will call tomorrow. Would like to see a catalog or spec sheet so will see what they have.

Specialty Matboard has a full-page ad in the December Decor (which arrived yesterday.)

I didn't realize they made the Shagreen mats that Tru-Vue discontinued.

Website is www.specialtymatboard.com for a list of distributors.

Back