Sincerly, Warmly, Fondly, Always

Danimal is correct, it is a business letter, no matter if it is your mother that you are sending it to.

Bob, thats the letter you send to your financial advisor who forced your IRA to pull a 34% growth this year.... :D

corse, my broker will NOT be getting that letter...

I usually start out with, "Thank you..." etc. So, when I close I say, "Thanks again, I really appreciate your business. Betty"

Or if it is caning, and Laura has had most of the interaction with the customer - "We really appreciate your business" then sign it "Betty and Laura".

Or when my part-timers are working I say, "Betty and all the staff at Newman Valley Studio."

John, you and my da....
faintthud.gif

Regards,

Sincerely,

Best,

Many thanks,

NEVER: fondly, always, love, warmly, etc. - even if it was the most sentimental, heart-wrenching, awe inspiring framed pc. you've ever worked on.

Customers that are good friends get something like Your humble servant, or your faithful framing fool..

Not really. It's Friday, and it's late.

Always add...

PS Remember, put your art where the sun don't shine!

:D

Dave Makielski

"Sincerely" is the complimentary close of choice in business or personal-business letter writing. Also, from my commerical business writing classes, never start a sentence with "I" or "Thank you for . . ." Reword the sentence to read, "It has been a pleasure to . . ." or "Your business has been greatly appreciated . . ."

I just reworked a sales letter for my husband that he wanted to use to send to business people to get them to have him photograph their PR portraits. The original was from another photographer we know and he supposedly got it from one of the big name marketing people in the photo industry. It was bad! The basic ideas were there, there were alot of grammatical and style things that really bugged me! Like telling a business professional to call so we can "chat" about your business portrait needs. At least he ended it with "Sincerely". :rolleyes:

I always thought that 'Yours Faithfully' was used if you didn't know the recipient - e.g. if a letter starts 'Dear Sir' and 'Yours Sincerely' if you did - e.g. 'Dear Mr Jones'

Captain English, where are you?

I got to thinking about my "thank yous" and realized I actually start with, "Just a note to say thank you.."

(I think) the "thank yous" should (like everything one does) reflect the "brand" or "atmosphere" of the shop. If your business is very upscale you surely wouldn't want to say, "Just a note to say thank ya'll..."

And by the same token, my customers (especially after coming out to the farm) would seriously wonder about me if my thank yous were formal and gold embossed...

Bottom line - communicate with YOUR customer in a way to build relationships. Customers (and we all) want to be appreciated and acknowledged.

Originally posted by B. Newman:
(I think) the "thank yous" should (like everything one does) reflect the "brand" or "atmosphere" of the shop. If your business is very upscale you surely wouldn't want to say, "Just a note to say thank ya'll..."

And by the same token, my customers (especially after coming out to the farm) would seriously wonder about me if my thank yous were formal and gold embossed...
I couldn't agree with you more
thumbsup.gif
. By the same token, I have customers who would expect a formal note over casual and vice versa. You must respond to customers in the way they are accustomed (their lifestyle). Just like we have those who expect more (special) attention than others. :rolleyes:

Sister, would "more (special) attention" be the same as "comprehensive needs" or "issues"? :D

And do you hand deliver those gold trimmed Thank You' too? :eek:

Its a "special" day.

Originally posted by Baer Charlton:
Sister, would "more (special) attention" be the same as "comprehensive needs" or "issues"? :D

And do you hand deliver those gold trimmed Thank You' too? :eek:

Its a "special" day.
Baer, that was my nice way of saying spoiled from birth and continued through present adulthood. Forget the hand delivery; I am doing all I can to pamper these "pompous patrons".
icon45.gif
One of them actually said to me one day, "But you don't understand, I am a VIP." If she didn't give me so much business, I would explain to her my definition of a VIP.
smileyshot22.gif

Sister, shhhh we have to keep it down... I married one of those princesses.... :D

Her mother told her when she entered the 7th grade, "you need to learn how to cook".

She replied, "THAT is what servants are fore." [or husbands]
faintthud.gif
shutup.gif
help.gif

Back