S O L D Selling complete frame shop

The item(s) in this particular post have been marked as SOLD by the original poster.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise

True Grumbler
Business
Velveteen Rabbet
I'm trying to retire...anyone want to purchase all the tools, equipment, matboard, supplies that I have on hand?
Or is there still businesses out there that purchase used equipment, etc.?

You need to be a little more specific about what you have to sell. Pictures and pricing would be helpful, too.
There are some brokers you can list your stuff with, but that come with a cost. I dont know of anyone buying up lots of used framing tools and inventory

No, I do not have any computerized equipment....most everything is from when we first opened our shop, years ago. All of the cutting equipment is C&H (wall mount G60; straight cutter; oval cutter). There is a (cold) vacuum press (Tip Top), a fillet chopper (Lion Trimmer), shrink wrap set-up, etc.
Six (6) Victor vises; lots of Mat Magic inks and powders. Hundreds of matboard sheets (all Bainbridge or Crescent, including suedes, Blackcore, Linens, silks, etc.). Moulding in lengths from various suppliers such as Victor, Williamson, J Orr and the like - all of which are
no longer available.
And scads of framing supplies: tapes, brads, hanging systems, wire, moulding samples and even a rolling cart that holds the corner samples and lots of fillets.

Moulding in lengths from various suppliers such as Victor, Williamson, J Orr and the like - all of which are
no longer available.

Not to be a stickler, but when I first read the above, I read it to say that you no longer had the moulding for sale. What I think you meant is that these mouldings have been discontinued but you still have them.

Rise,

You will get more replies when you list specific items with photos. There is a market for everything but you will have to describe items and preferably add a photo and price.
It will sell, but a general post will not get much interest.

I realize you can't list all the matboards or mouldings. That will also be something that is harder to sell. There are usually requests on here for specific matboard and you might be able to sell that way but you would have to keep an eye on that.

I'm selling the entire frame shop - all equipment, supplies, matboard, glass - everything. The cutters are C&H (flat cutter, oval cutter, wall-mount cutter). The Makita saw has the Phaedra system (with new rulers). There are 6 Victor corner vises. There is also a lot of moulding that I have in lengths; some I wish had never been discontinued. The matboards are Crescent and Bainbridge; quite a few are suede, linen, metallic, etc. The vacuum press is a cold press only.

Attachments

• Black Craft Paper Holder.jpg
    Black Craft Paper Holder.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 78
  • C and H Advantage Wall Mount Cutter.jpg
    C and H Advantage Wall Mount Cutter.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 73
  • C and H Flat Cutter.jpg
    C and H Flat Cutter.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Chop Saw System.jpg
    Chop Saw System.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Fitting Table with Matboard.jpg
    Fitting Table with Matboard.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Lion Chopper.jpg
    Lion Chopper.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Oval Cutter.jpg
    Oval Cutter.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Rolling Mat Samples and Fillets Cart.jpg
    Rolling Mat Samples and Fillets Cart.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 72
I could only attach 8 files, so I'm continuing here...
Someone could just start their own business with all of this....it comes with extras such as Mat Magic paints and powders, books, all tools for framing, etc. All items needed for framing.

Attachments

• Rotating Movable Frame Sample Displays.jpg
    Rotating Movable Frame Sample Displays.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Shrink Wrap Device.jpg
    Shrink Wrap Device.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Tip Top Vacuum Press.jpg
    Tip Top Vacuum Press.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Vacuum Press Motor 2.jpg
    Vacuum Press Motor 2.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 77
  • Victor Vises.jpg
    Victor Vises.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 76
I'm selling the entire frame shop - all equipment, supplies, matboard, glass - everything. The cutters are C&H (flat cutter, oval cutter, wall-mount cutter). The Makita saw has the Phaedra system (with new rulers). There are 6 Victor corner vises. There is also a lot of moulding that I have in lengths; some I wish had never been discontinued. The matboards are Crescent and Bainbridge; quite a few are suede, linen, metallic, etc. The vacuum press is a cold press only.
Hello! How much do you want for the C&H mat cutter?

I'm just trying to sell it complete - trying to sell it piece-by-piece is more difficult.

I'm just trying to sell it complete - trying to sell it piece-by-piece is more difficult.
I wish you luck but to be honest, you will only sell it in a bunch if you get very lucky. You need to find someone starting their own shop to do this. As others have suggested, piecing it out is going to be your best bet.

And you haven't said what your price is? Without knowing the price, people are going to be less interested in responding. It's been over 7 months since you first post, perhaps its time to re-think this.

It’s true that selling piece-by-piece involves some work, but if you insist on selling it all in one lot, you probably would have to store it for years before a buyer comes along, and your heirs may end up scrapping or giving the items away after you’re gone - if they haven’t deteriorated beyond usefulness (rust, corrosion, lost or broken parts) while in storage.

For used equipment, the usual process is to sell individual items and require the buyer to accept responsibility for pickup, packing, and shipping. And that process works, because there are very few sellers who are able - or willing - to accept responsibility for a sold item after it leaves their possession.

Companies such as MoveIt and UShip can pickup, package, and deliver almost anything anywhere. They offer proper packing, professional handling, and insurance. If the buyer provides photos, weight, and dimensions, they usually will quote firm prices.

Yes, there is some work involved. But the buyer, who is motivated to acquire the item at minimum expense and in good condition, should do most of that work.

Last edited:
@Pegas, are you really in Kenya?
It's none of my business, I'm just curious if you are planning on shipping an entire framing shop halfway around the world? (Over 9000 miles).
The items for sale are in Oregon State, USA.

I am entertaining all offers. Literally. But the person who buys this must come and remove it. Bring a large U-Haul.

I will consider any/all offers, and this includes all equipment, matboard, moulding, etc.

@Pegas, are you really in Kenya?
It's none of my business, I'm just curious if you are planning on shipping an entire framing shop halfway around the world? (Over 9000 miles).
The items for sale are in Oregon State, USA.
May sound unusual to a USA based framer, but shipping a complete frame shop to Kenya makes good sense to me. I've spent my life in export and still ship product all over the world. Its simple when you know how! In Jan 2022, I found Kelly Gibson in Barbados who bought the contents of a frame shop on USA and shipped it to Barbados. www.frameartco.com Simple - stick it all in a 20 foot container and let s shipper take care of it. Can you imagine how many companies you would need to contact to buy all you need to start a frame shop.?

May sound unusual to a USA based framer, but shipping a complete frame shop to Kenya makes good sense to me. I've spent my life in export and still ship product all over the world. Its simple when you know how! In Jan 2022, I found Kelly Gibson in Barbados who bought the contents of a frame shop on USA and shipped it to Barbados. www.frameartco.com Simple - stick it all in a 20 foot container and let s shipper take care of it. Can you imagine how many companies you would need to contact to buy all you need to start a frame shop.?
Makes good sense. I have had very limited dealings with shipping, except primarily with Canadian or US suppliers.

Hi there,

Is this all still available? I'm interested in starting my own shop and interested the whole lot. I live in Colorado and have friends I can stay with in Oregon. Please send me an email if it's still available- annalf2477@gmail.com

Thank you,
Anna

Its been a month since the OP was last here so you may not hear from him.

Hi there,

Is this all still available? I'm interested in starting my own shop and interested the whole lot. I live in Colorado and have friends I can stay with in Oregon. Please send me an email if it's still available- annalf2477@gmail.com

Thank you,
Anna
Welcome to the Grumble……love your handle!

Hey, folks who were asking about whole frame shop contents:

I am adding my notification about retirement sale options after Rise sold his things so someone will see it.

Then I'll create my own separate listing.

Murray Leshner
Uptown Gallery & Frame
Holland, Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back