Securing Tassels

kalta

Grumbler
Hi
I did a search on "Tassels" and was surprised that I posted about a rug with tassels in 2007, but didn't get any replies, and I can't remember if I secured the job or not, or if I secured the tassels in some way.
I now have a another customer with a Flag that has been weaved and the threads knotted into tassels on each side, and suggestions on the best way to attach them would be most welcome.

Thanks Kalta

Here is a tasselled rug I did for a customer back in 2012. I used a nearly invisible mending thread caller Corbond around the tassels to keep them horizontal. The thread was led back through the mat at intervals of around 4" to maintain tension. A spacer kept the glass of the surface and a dozen or so strong threads supported the rug.

DSCF0876.JPG
DSCF0874.JPG

I usually do it the way artfolio just described, however many framers have had good success using tulle in a matching color to hold the tassels (or fringe) in place.
:cool: Rick

Sorry... buy all I can think about is how do strippers attach tassles on their boobies!! It has to be strong enough to keep it from fying across the room yet gentle enough to not irritate the boobies!! Quite the dilemma, right?

Sorry... buy all I can think about is how do strippers attach tassles on their boobies!! It has to be strong enough to keep it from fying across the room yet gentle enough to not irritate the boobies!! Quite the dilemma, right?

A customer of mine was a stripper (lovely girl, too;) ) and she told me there are plenty of ways to stick them on but the hard part is removing them afterwards without de-nippling yourself. The best results come from a comparatively weak adhesive spread over a greater area.

Somehow, I just KNEW someone would respond with a solution!!

I guess velcro implants are not a popular item.:confused::eek::D

Back