• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Safari 14

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Peter Odems

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
The newest Mac browser, Safari 14, has for standard a feature to capture "trackers" and to keep them disabled. Direct left from the left of your address-ruler, you see an icon with a shield. By clicking that shield you simple can see how many and what trackers (including Google and Facebook) are disabled for the website you are visiting. Hoera for the Grumble, because this forum is free from trackers!!! Well done Mike!!!

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I have Safari 13.0.1 now and I have Mojave 10.14.6
I can upgrade to Safari 14 but I have no issues and I am happy with the performance of my iMac...
I bought the iMac used a couple of years ago to replace my older iMac.
I can also upgrade to Catalina 10.15.6 from Mojave 10.14.6 if I want to.
Do I really need to upgrade or can I just leave it alone for now?
I am leaning towards just leaving it alone for how I use it.

Last edited:

Peter Odems

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Neil, that is always your own choice. But the day will come that Apple stops support to Mojave and you can remark that when updates stop. As long as they support, you receive security updates. But also remark that more digital developments happen at the internet or in apps. If you like to stay up-to-date with those developments newer features, then you better bring your system up-to-date too. Specifically when you use iCloud and iCloud-drive, together with an other iDevice (iPhone, iWatch or iPad) you better keep all up to the latest system software.