Recommendations for new shop all-in-one printer

Larry Peterson

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I have two printers in the shop, a Brother Laser Jet dedicated to printing shipping labels and an Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-In-One - https://epson.com/Clearance-Center/...Force-WF-3640-All-in-One-Printer/p/C11CD16201

1200Wx1200H

I use the Epson for printing my frame labels like these

5160-2016Cubs2.jpg

5160-57Chevy.jpg

I also use it for printing packing sheets and general purpose printing. Other than label printing no other graphics printing. The printer is getting old and tired. I have had to clean the print heads 3 times in the past week because they keep clogging.

Also label printing is a pain as the printer jams if I put several label sheets in the printer so I have to print them one at a time. Not fun as I have about 250 different labels.

I might consider the same printer or type but won't because of the label jamming and the ink (252 family) seems to be on the way out. No new Epson printers use that ink series so ink may be harder to find in the future.

So I am completely open as to what printer I get. My budget is up to $250. After reading a bunch of online reviews I don't see anything that jumps out at me.

So do you have any favs to recommend?

SO I have spent the afternoon multi-tasking: Research All-In_One printers whist playing in a $10 bounty poker tournament on Poker Stars. Who says old f@arts can't multi-task. I'm playing as I write this. Currently 28th out of 172 still in out of 600 entries and have and $7 in bounties so my buy-in is almost covered. But I digress.

After much ado, I decided on the Brother Business Smart Pro Color Inkjet All-in-One MFCJ6930DW. https://www.brother-usa.com/products/mfcj6930dw

And its on its way.

Go, Larry!

That looks like a nice machine, Larry. Being able to scan up to 11x17 would be a big help with photo restoration- less kniting in photoshop of multiple scans necessary.
I currently have the exact printer as your current one. It has a nice scanner, but I do have to clean the heads often because I'm not a frequent printer, and they tend to clog. I always had better luck with Canon inkjets in that regard.
:cool: Rick

I currently have the exact printer as your current one. It has a nice scanner, but I do have to clean the heads often because I'm not a frequent printer, and they tend to clog.

I use mine daily. My dusty shop probably contributes to having to clean the print heads a lot.

Currently 78th out of 78. Almost down to a chip and a chair territory.

Well my epic (well not so epic) run in today's tournament is over. Finished 50th out of 600. Won $9.19 plus $6.83 in bounties so a magnificent $5.83 profit for 3+ hours of playing. Almost $2/hour. Cheap entertainment.

And if you think I'm funning with you, here is the pudding. I'm llarry1301.

And for those of yous living vicariously through me, it was a fun afternoon.

ps.jpg

Have you considered a color laser? Inkjets tend to be slow, expensive, and unreliable

Have you considered a color laser? Inkjets tend to be slow, expensive, and unreliable

To be honest, I know little of color laser printers. I always thought the cost of ink was a lot higher than inkjets. I looked at a couple on best buy and the cost of a round of cartridges was more than the printer.

If it's like my cheaper Brother all-in-ones, it feeds paper sideways, and is really fast. The 11x17 is a single sheet at a time through a feed port in the back. the sideways 8 1/2 x 11 is how it can print the larger sheet with 11" width. if it is a more robust version of what I have, you will like it.

Well my epic (well not so epic) run in today's tournament is over. Finished 50th out of 600. Won $9.19 plus $6.83 in bounties so a magnificent $5.83 profit for 3+ hours of playing. Almost $2/hour. Cheap entertainment.

And if you think I'm funning with you, here is the pudding. I'm llarry1301.

And for those of yous living vicariously through me, it was a fun afternoon.

View attachment 33469
If you were in almost any sports event you would qualify for the next round.
Maybe even get into the semi-finals! 🏅
And, yes, some of us are living vicariously through you.:popc:

Whilst the rest of you were re-imagining song titles, (https://www.thegrumble.com/index.php?threads/what-if-it-was-easy-being-green.84577/) I was being productive and playing in another poker tournament while watching theG and working on my Etsy shop. Did a bit better than the last tournament I posted.

I finished 10th out of 630 and won $39.52 plus $42.65 in bounties (knocked out 10 players) As before, I am llarry1301

ps1.jpg

PokerStars Tournament #2648598326, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $4.55/$4.55/$0.90 USD
630 players
Total Prize Pool: $5733.00 USD
Tournament started 2020/04/13 15:00:00 ET

Dear llarry1301,

You finished the tournament in 10th place. Congratulations! A USD 39.52 award has been credited to your Stars Account.
You have also received USD 42.65 in Knockout Bounties for this tournament. You won bounties for the following players: GreenManPhilly, KanyeIsaGenius6, totalnugs25, acesb03, Chromer81, yescup8675309, ElokkPoker, Cannabliz, jesse04201983, Longshot788

Thank you for playing at PokerStars. We hope you had fun!

Back