• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Publicly Searchable Grumble Areas

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Is it just the Main Forum that comes up in public searches?
Or is it everything but Warped, the private business section and the Dogpile?

For example, does the frame design section show up in public searches? Thanks :)

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Warped, Tips of the Trade, Dogpile, and Events Calendar do NOT appear to the search engines.

I tested this by logging out to see what was visible.

Mike

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Warped, Tips of the Trade, Dogpile, and Events Calendar do NOT appear to the search engines.

I tested this by logging out to see what was visible.

Mike
Thanks for your help, Mike. I was concerned that sharing an image of artwork on the main forum could trigger a reaction from the artist.
But if the frame design area also comes up in public searches, it could happen there, too.

As a general note:

An artist friend once asked if I posted as Shayla on this site. In searching her name, an online note has popped up matching something I'd said. It was a compliment, so the exchange was fun, but it's a good caution. In the years since, I've heard of galleries being sued by artists, or by other galleries, for image appropriation. Used to be that titling something brought it up in searches, but now, reverse image searches can bring things up without titles.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding