Problem with Mozilla and new server?

David Waldmann

The Guru
Forum Donor
Industry Vendor
Featured Vendor Forum Sponsor
Business
Vermont Hardwoods
Since the Grumble site has moved to the new server I can't brownse it with Mozilla.

I can go to www.thegrumble.com OK - it shows the address is http://wmpf.com/. If I click on "Forums" it says "wmpf.comcgibin could not be found...". That's right - there is no "." between the ".com" and "cgibin".

I copied the link location, which is http://thegrumble.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi and get the same message.

I also tried substituting "wmpf" for "thegrumble" - and get a little further. I do get a page that looks somewhat familiar, but some of the pieces are missing, and none of the links work. I'll get either "wmpf.comcgibin could not be found..." or "wmpf.comubb could not be found..."

Mozilla is working fine everywhere else.

What is a "Mozilla"?

Godzilla's little brother?

I use a Netscape browser and a few threads only appear in HTML when I click on them. IE won't display them either when I switch to it. That problem seems to be better today as more (not all) threads work.

[ 02-26-2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Art On Canvas ]

Originally posted by mcphoto:
What is a "Mozilla"?

Godzilla's little brother?
The pronuciation is "mah-zilla", that would be his mahther...

[ 02-26-2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: David N Waldmann ]

For the record. The link wmpf.com was removed from that page 36 hours ago. I've triple checked it. It you may be getting old cache pages from either your ISP or your computer. I hope this just clears up. If you see a wmpf.com in the address you are getting old pages. I've removed all references to wmpf.com.

Please keep me advised.

framer

[ 02-26-2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: framer tg: ]

Is your Mozilla configured to use a proxy server?

I read the grumble from 3 different computers/locations on a daily basis and had a lot of problems with staying signed on and with the "yellow lights" keeping my pointers. I found that by zapping the cookies and signing on again, it straightened me out.

My link to the old grumble had to be changed because the one site had CGI-BIN in the path, while the new one has CGIBIN (no dash).

It was also noted that some of my old links didn't have the "www" in the path, which was causing me to go in and out of being signed in. By updating my links to include the WWW, it seems pretty stable now.

Mike

[ 02-26-2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Mike-L@GTP ]

I deleted the cookies for thegrumble.com and wmpf.com and all is honkey dorey once again.

Thanks...

HA! You're ALL wrong!
Mozilla is Godzilla's Jewish uncle. "Mo-" being short for Moysha

Back