• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

Print Sleeves

alacrity8

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
What are good sources for Print Sleeves?
We had decided to renew our Print Sleeves late last year/earlier this year, and got a half dozen of 5 or so sizes from Omega.
We are quite happy with them, and no want more, only they have discontinued them (possibly their source closed).
Any suggestions?
Mostly looking for sizes up to 26x32.
We have a good stock on larger ones.

Thanks,
Brian

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Alvin was the main supplier to many of our Vendors. I checked with a 3 of my vendors that usually carry print sleeves and they are all sold out and discontinued. I'm considering purchasing some from the UK - I have received a few of these before from a shop that closed. They are more expensive than what Alvin sold but these are a lot better quality. https://www.valentinosdisplays.com/poster-browser-sleeves-c-335.html I hope this helps

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
This is a guess - by me and the person I contacted - about $200.00, The sleeves are expensive but they are nice. I'm thinking that if we wait long enough one or more of our US vendors will pick them up and the prices will come down.

FramerInTraining

Forum Donor
Alvin was the main supplier to many of our Vendors. I checked with a 3 of my vendors that usually carry print sleeves and they are all sold out and discontinued. I'm considering purchasing some from the UK - I have received a few of these before from a shop that closed. They are more expensive than what Alvin sold but these are a lot better quality. https://www.valentinosdisplays.com/poster-browser-sleeves-c-335.html I hope this helps
I have a few unopened boxes that I like to sell. They’re 32x40” from Sylwen (spelling ?).

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Have you tried ordering from them recently? The vendors I have always purchased print sleeves from before have all discontinued selling them since Alvin closed, that includes Larson Juhl and Omega. Maybe Decor still has a some left in inventory and once they are out they won't carry them anymore either?

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
Selwyn print sleeves are nice. They have the metal reinforcements on the corners.

alacrity8

Decor has sleeves in stock.
Unfortunately they increased the pricing, without listing it in their online catalog.

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding