Potential New Mouldings

Baer Charlton

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
We're seeing what people think about a possible new moulding line.

This one is the 2.5" face with a 9/16" depth. Basically designed for large graphics and two mats with glass.
ELarge916p01.jpg

ELarge916p02.jpg

the two smaller versions would be 1" and 1.75".

You may now open fire.

Is this for your frame shop or a frame company? Well I will say the profile (or a similiar version has been around. Now I will say I am not into it. Is that a "driftwood/barnyard finish?" If so that is not good either for me.
shrug.gif

Patrick Leeland

I like it. It's rustic, but doesn't say "barnwood". I like combining contemporary shape w. rustic finishes.
:cool: Rick

It's only okay.
I sell a lot of flat, square, simple profiles in a variety of finishes, so that is what I look for.

edie the nuthinpersonal goddess

Honestly, if one of my sales reps showed it to me I'd probably pass. Although I'm definitely in an area where "rustic" is often coupled with "Italian". Our few samples similar to this feel live under the counter.

I have a few vendors that carry similar moulding and it sells well to my customers that are into nature, the outdoors or into horses. That's not a big % of my customers, but enough.

In my neighborhood, the wire-brush look is still fairly popular. We have a fair amount on the walls aready... So price point would be important to me. I really like the finished wood lip. What about a scoop? That's what is moving here nowadays.

Everbody's a critic...
shutup.gif

It's not bad! I too like the finished wood lip.

Elsa

We'd like it a little deeper. We sell a lot of fillets and just hate it when we have to bump out the back...

Take you Hellen.... that was the one post I was looking for. :D heh heh heh.

For 25 years or more, I have been pounding the pulpet for DEEPER moulding....

I've been explaining it with multi mats and the increase use of 8-ply with fabric wraps....

I have been missing the one big point "Fillets take up 1/4" in depth.

Thank you all. I think the eyeballs that scan and don't post have gotten some great feedback here.
thumbsup.gif

This molding's got rather cold greetings from the grumblers. But I have a feeling that if you put your finishing art at work you may turn one's so & so molding into a winner. Large shreds of tarnished metal leaf showing up through some thick, crispy patina may be one good turn. Got any time left to try it? ;)

Back