• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
LifeSaver Software New Website

Planning to re-start/re-open

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
The plexi barrier is not a requirement here. In fact, a mask isn’t either if you can maintain the 6’ distance.
I will wear the mask when seeing a customer. I don’t know where I would put a barrier as everything is open concept. My design table is, as is my check out area. I have been offering contactless payments, mostly be sending invoices through Square and that had been well received.
New things come out every day. Who knows what is effective or not.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
The plexi barrier is not a requirement here. In fact, a mask isn’t either if you can maintain the 6’ distance.
Did the governor reverse the policy from a couple weeks ago?

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Did the governor reverse the policy from a couple weeks ago?

No, it it is only required when you can not stay 6 feet apart

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
The wording sure is confusing. It says mandatory masks must be worn in stores, but it also says 6 feet distance in another place. I'll be so glad when this stuff is over!

This one is a day old, but its a moving target for sure!
I don't see anything about retail barrier sneeze guards, either

I'm pretty happy with our state of RI. Today they gave us a care bag with a gallon of sanitizer and 150 surgical masks. They are doing that for all businesses with fewer than 50 employees.

Last edited:

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
MA made it very complicated. I will print out those “posters” and stick them on my door. The procedure about employees is not really applicable. It is just me.

It is still a little unsure that I can actually open. Retail is curbside only. However, hair salons can open. I am doing by appointment, I don’t see the difference. I also can claim that I am manufacturing frames?

It is just a mess and no true guideline.

AIM: New/Used Picture Framing Equip. 330-405-9421

Pat Murphey

Again, if you have duct Ac, I strongly recommend that you install one of the inexpensive UC-C sanitizing lights.
Prime in stock:

Amazon product

alacrity8

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Because of the small size of my shop space, I have been having a hard time on deciding how to construct an acrylic barrier screen.

I don't have a dedicated design counter.
I use a bench that is on lockable wheels and I move where I need it.
When it's not being used for designing, it is being used for frame building or other tasks.
So a permanently mounted barrier is a problem.

We've (my boss and I) come up with a couple of ideas for portable barriers.
One idea is something on wheels that can slide in front of my bench, but that takes up more of my limited floor space when not in use.
Or something that suspends from the ceiling, perhaps with large hooks to slip into eye bolts?
I can't leave that in place because I would have a large obstacle hanging in the middle of my work area when it's not in use.

However, I think it may be easier in the long run simply for me to barrier myself with this face shield.
View attachment 34319
It's the same kind used by doctors, nurses, dentists and other medical professionals.
I ordered some on Amazon few weeks ago (along with re-usable/washable masks), still waiting....
You face shield idea might be your best option, but the added airflow blockage may make it a bit stuffy.

Is there any way to attach an acrylic shield via a locking hinge to the bench, such that the shield can fold down when not in use?
Not sure if that would block you from using any in bench storage.

Alternatively an acrylic shield on wheels, that you could roll into a corner when not in use?
Like these: https://marshield.com/medical-shielding/shields-barriers-booths-rooms/radiation-shielding-barriers/

Best of luck,
Brian

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
What if you hung it from the ceiling and pull it up with pulleys and tie it off when not needed.

Rumor has it that my state is going to give each of us 2 lobsters and a lb. of butter. Too early for fresh corn on the cob yet.

shayla

WOW Framer
Because of the small size of my shop space, I have been having a hard time on deciding how to construct an acrylic barrier screen.

I don't have a dedicated design counter.
I use a bench that is on lockable wheels and I move where I need it.
When it's not being used for designing, it is being used for frame building or other tasks.
So a permanently mounted barrier is a problem.

We've (my boss and I) come up with a couple of ideas for portable barriers.
One idea is something on wheels that can slide in front of my bench, but that takes up more of my limited floor space when not in use.
Or something that suspends from the ceiling, perhaps with large hooks to slip into eye bolts?
I can't leave that in place because I would have a large obstacle hanging in the middle of my work area when it's not in use.

However, I think it may be easier in the long run simply for me to barrier myself with this face shield.
View attachment 34319
It's the same kind used by doctors, nurses, dentists and other medical professionals.
I ordered some on Amazon few weeks ago (along with re-usable/washable masks), still waiting....
If it's as static-y as gloves, it's likely the inside will glom as much stuff from the air as the outside. Just good to be aware.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
What if you hung it from the ceiling and pull it up with pulleys and tie it off when not needed.

Rumor has it that my state is going to give each of us 2 lobsters and a lb. of butter. Too early for fresh corn on the cob yet.
That finalizes it. I am moving to Maine!

LifeSaver Software New Website

nikodeumus

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Is there any way to attach an acrylic shield via a locking hinge to the bench, such that the shield can fold down when not in use?
Not sure if that would block you from using any in bench storage.

Alternatively an acrylic shield on wheels, that you could roll into a corner when not in use?
Like these: https://marshield.com/medical-shielding/shields-barriers-booths-rooms/radiation-shielding-barriers/

Best of luck,
Brian
I have considered the hinging to desk idea, it's a good one.
That option may still be on the table (no pun intended ;))
My only concern with that is, at that low level it is likely my clumsiness will end up scratching the Plexi when I forget it's there.
The back of this desk is a busy walk through area. I'm constantly carrying things and leaning stuff up against the counters, etc.

The wheels option isn't completely ruled out, but I don't have an empty space to park it when not in use.
I would have to remove a work surface to make that happen. Which is doable just not preferable.

I have a similar idea in mind for suspending a shield from the ceiling with eye bolts through hooks.
A hinged ceiling contraption is a good idea, then I don't need to find somewhere to store the dang thing when not in use.

If it's as static-y as gloves, it's likely the inside will glom as much stuff from the air as the outside. Just good to be aware.
You face shield idea might be your best option, but the added airflow blockage may make it a bit stuffy.
Both good points. I haven't received my order yet. But I imagine they will perform similarly to my chainsaw safety shield. Which can get foggy. But I sure hope I'm not working as hard on doing a frame design as I am when bucking up logs.🤣

nikodeumus

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Thanks for the input everybody!
Great ideas all around. :thumbsup:
We are all a bunch of smart cookies.
I'll post a pic when I have built whatever is decided upon.

Presto Frame & Moudling 800-431-1622

tedh

Vermont Hardwoods open and shipping
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser