Pins for stitchery

Susan May

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I know that we have gone over this a thousand times, but now I would like for you to vote!

If you use pins for stitchery mounting, please go and vote on the voting forum. I need to know a little bit of information about what WE, as framers, need.

The more people that answer the poll, the better the results will be. Thanks for your help.

Sue. Would love to help you out and vote, but apparently I do not have persmission to access the poll booth !!!!
Maybe its because I live across the pond.
Can somebody help me out here..please

John,

Living across the "pond" shouldn't matter in accessing a poll. Heck, Lance lives across a much bigger "pond" than you do and he is voting all the time. (I can tell it's Lance because his dots in the radio buttons used to vote with look like little Kiwi droppings!) :eek:

(Maybe I should have said "Kiwi doo doo".)

When are you getting the denial? Is it before or after clicking on the "vote now" button? (I have no idea what difference THAT would make but the question sounded like I knew what I was talking about!) :D

Framerguy

Speaking of stainless steel pins....I use them all the time as we pin everything we can. Unfortunately, I have to drive 1 1/4 hrs.one way to buy the expensive things and wonder if anyone knows of a place I can purchase them wholesale and get them delivered right to my shop? I have to go today and it is 14 below here with a bad wind! Yikes! It does not take long to go through the little containers when we pin about every 1/2". I usually purchase about 6 containers at a time but seem to go through them real fast.
Jean - Memories Of Maine Gallery

Jean,

As Bill Clinton said, "I feel your pain." Those silly T-pins are outrageously expensive if you have to buy them in those tiny packages.

The Prym-Dritz company makes them. They have a web site , but its not too helpful. I tried to find out if they would sell in bulk, but no one replied.

I bought four packages of pins at a local Fabric Place some time back, and I still have a bit left. Though I will need to get more soon. I think there was like 500 pins in each package, and the package ran about $2-3. I should think that if you spoke to someone at the store, and explained what you needed, they should be able to order several packages for you when they order. I know that's how we used to do things when I worked at Ben Franklin Crafts ages ago. If someone needed a lot of something, a special order was taken for them that got put into our regular ordering schedule, then the customer was called when they arrived. You may be able to convince them to ship the order to you, if it's a bit of a hike to go back to the store.

Jean -- we use:

Leonard Adler & Co, Inc
1001 W. Van Buren St, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
312-432-1004
fax 312-432-9101

#17 Pins sold by the 1lb box (about 5000 pins per pound stainless steel, 5800 for brass)

Shipping UPS, with better shipping value if you buy 2 or 3 boxes at a time -- Folks there should be able to tell you how to maximize shipping value.

[ 01-08-2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: SCFramer527 ]

Originally posted by Susan May:
I know that we have gone over this a thousand times, but now I would like for you to vote!

If you use pins for stitchery mounting, please go and vote on the voting forum. I need to know a little bit of information about what WE, as framers, need.

The more people that answer the poll, the better the results will be. Thanks for your help.

I did a quick search on the internet and found the following links where you can buy T Pins:
http://www.safetypins.com/pins.htm no prices but can email them - large quanties
http://www.fashiondesignbooks.com/nuevo.php?prg=3&pagina=1&cantidad=4&cols=3&id=39 for small amounts, but more expensive
http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/GPC85T.html $3.06 for 100 2" no tax, free shipping for orders over $25
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=158782 $3.59 for 100 1.5" at your local Office Depot

You can find other sources by doing a search on "t pins". Be sure to put the " around t pins otherwise you will get matches on t and pin as well.

Hope this helps.

Back