Photo Stick?

Framar

WOW Framer
Buffalo, New York, USA/Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
In the past I have commented (OK - complained) about the plethora of duplicate photos I have on my computers. I have tried several approaches to eliminating the duplicates with little success. Every time it seems I end up in a "Sorcerer's Apprentice" scenario so I give up.

So lately I have been seeing dozens of ads on FB for these amazing "Photo Sticks" which are little USB thumb drives that "automatically" search through all your photos, sort them by date taken, and then swiftly delete any and all duplicates. The ads always frantically shout that the thing is on sale today for half off but the sale ends TONIGHT! Which doubles my suspicion.

Is such a thing for real? Or does this fall into the "if it sounds too good to be true" category?

I try to remember to back up my files so I won't face catastrophic loss, but of course with so many duplicates I use up a lot of my back-up storage space.

*sigh* Those boxes and albums full of prints and sleeves full of negs are looking better all the time . . .

Digital storage is so cheap nowadays that having a few extra copies amounts to cheap insurance.
To me, the bigger issue is organization of your pictures so that you can actually find a particular one when you need it.
:cool: Rick

That's why the lure of the elimination of duplicates is so enticing. I have pictures on laptop/desktop hard drives, stand-alone hard drives, thumb drives, and SD cards. (Not to mention shoe boxes, albums, and that paper bag full of grandpa's negatives from 100 years ago.)

Sounds like what you need is a filing system. Does this product provide that? Eliminating duplicates from the filing system is one thing, but dumping backups is something else. Sounds like you already have multiple backups, which is good, but just need to organize them.
:cool: Rick

Rick, that's why I was hoping someone knew something about these photo sticks. They claim to both organize your photos and eliminate duplicates in one swell foop. The ads all sound the same but the photo sticks all appear different.

Back