• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Penski Replacement?

bruce papier

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Does anybody know who replaced Steve Penski (as though Steve could be replaced) at Larson. We have a mell of a hess with one of our orders and would like to talk to a rep, but it's impossible to get through on any of the customer service lines.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
All of the reps have either been let go or are on furlough. CS is about all that is available just now. Reps that were let go are not going to be replaced as far as I know.

here's an email address that seems to get answers.

ljorderemail@larsonjuhl.com

snafu

I got thru yesterday using their call back service, just took a few minutes

Reactions: cvm

bruce papier

Just got an email confirming all the reps have been furloughed. Not good timing. We called customer service yesterday and used the call back service also. It took several hours for them to get back to us, so I guess that's kind of hit or miss. Now, we are trying to find out when they are going to resume truck deliveries. We've heard rumors, but nothing for sure.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Bruce, they have been sending out email updates that I guess you aren't getting. Here is a copy of that email:

"Dear Larson-Juhl Family,

We are pleased to announce the reopening of our New York (New Jersey), Baltimore, and Los Angeles branches on Friday, May 15th for fulfillment of your box, length, chop, join and accessory orders. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the reopening of the country. We are aware that call wait times have been longer than normal as we work to resume full call center operations. For faster service we highly encourage you to place your orders online at shop.larsonjuhl.com.

All orders can be shipped to anywhere in the country, or will be available for pick up at your local branch. A team member will call you to schedule your pick-up time. Larson-Juhl truck delivery is not available at this time though we are hopeful to resume over the next few weeks. The safety or our team and customers is our number one priority and all local guidelines are being followed within each of our locations.

We continue to monitor the changes to stay at home orders as they are announced and are anxiously awaiting the green light to bring our last remaining US location in Seattle online.

Please continue to stay safe and be well."

This was dated 5/14

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

bruce papier

Well, here's the thing. We placed an order today and the order history says the order will be coming on their truck. Yesterday I sent an email asking when they expect to resume truck deliveries and they responded today that they didn't know and would be shipping FedEx in the meantime. So, how and when is our order coming? A rep would know that. I don't think the folks in Norcross do.

alacrity8

Well, here's the thing. We placed an order today and the order history says the order will be coming on their truck. Yesterday I sent an email asking when they expect to resume truck deliveries and they responded today that they didn't know and would be shipping FedEx in the meantime. So, how and when is our order coming? A rep would know that. I don't think the folks in Norcross do.
I would assume Fedex for any non box deliveries for at least the next few weeks.
Their Order History option on the website has not been the most accurate even in the best of times, and times being as they are...
I am guessing that the website auto generates your regular shipping method, and that they have not reprogrammed it, as everyone (that is still working) is working from home.

Best of luck.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
The shipments can, and will probably be delayed. They aren't turning orders around quickly operating with a skeleton crew, and the local distribution centers are directing all calls to Norcross, and they don't know any of the particulars.
I have received 2 shipments. Neither was fully in the FedEx tracking, so they arrived as a surprise. The first box is still sitting in Lakeland according to FedEx, and the other was never entered into the system.
One box contained 3 orders, one placed in late March, the oldest, and the others in the beginning of May. The paperwork was incomplete, so without opening the box I had assumed that part of the order was missing. When a subsequent box with the "missing" moulding failed to appear, I opened that one and sure enough, there it was, undocumented moulding from the Czech Republic.

The second order was also from the beginning of May, within 24 hours of the ones I had received in the first shipment.
I telling my customers that things won't be even close to normal until the trucks start running, and the distribution centers are running on a full staff.
I'm absorbing the FedEx charges on these two orders, but will wait to order anything else from LJ. The average shipping cost was $35.00/box and the Lakeland center is about 3 hours away.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I have orders for LJ, but will wait until they have truck delivery again.
My customers are understanding. If they need something quickly, they will have to pick from stock.

I will be ordering Donmar as soon as I am open again. I can pick up, even though it is an almost two hour drive. I need glass and mats, don’t want to pay fedex or ups charges for that.

bruce papier

Our reopening isn't going as smoothly as we would have liked. We hoped for customers like Yiva's ,but we got artists and other customers who need particular things (not necessarily in stock) and need them ASAP. It's a little tense in spots.

Picture framers only resource

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I had one like that too, phone call and very rude because he wanted a certain moulding, which I don’t have in stock.
We are not even open yet!

cjmst3k

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I just had a PM from an LJ rep who saw my post on Underpinner. He said likely not until mid-june was his guess before delivery likely.

Donmar Creations