• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Oversized wallpaper mount

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

FrameandSaveCT

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I need some advise. I have a project coming up. Two wallpaper panels mounted together and framed. Overall size of paper together 70wx 60h. I’m located in the northeast and need to find a vendor that would supply a board that large and appropriate to use as well as the method suggested to mount the wallpaper. It will not have plexiglass.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Roslyn

Matthew Hale

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
SmallCorp can probably supply a panel for you. as for the mounting, why not wallpaper paste?

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
Business
death star driver
Build a 1x2 subframe and then skin it with the 3/8" thick plywood.

picture framing clamps by MasterClamp 2021

Lafontsee

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Similarly to JFeig, you could check your local sign supplier for something like Alumalite. It's similar to Dibond ACM with a corrugated core to decrease weight and increase stiffness. It comes in 5' x 8' sheets.

Something that big is going to still be pretty heavy no matter what you use. Thin plywood with a cradle made of 1x2 may be more economical but more prone to warping without a huge increase in weight. A good coat of sealing primer will be necessary to prepare the surface for attachment.

Regarding attachment, I like the idea of wallpaper paste, but I'm not sure if wallpaper paste will adhere firmly to the aluminum. Others with more experience with it will need to chime in.

James