Oval cutter info

Canton Crew

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
We have been reading in the archives about an oval/circle mat cutter called Green Gene's Ovart Cutter. Folks seem to think it is a great item for the price, and we'd like to check one out, but we cannot find any info on it on the web (outside of one site - Oval Art - that does not return calls). Anybody know where we can find one of these cutters?

Canton Joe

I bought one of Gene Green's oval cutter at a trade show in Chicago about 15 or 20 years ago and have been using it ever since. I bought it from Gene Green himself. He was running the booth. I don't know if he is still in business or not but the last address and phone number I have is:
Gene Green Associates Inc.
22 Windsor Isle
Longwood, FL 32779
(407) 333-0286

Bernie

Ditto what Bernie said. These were being sold, last I heard, by Cornerstone Framing Products. A search turned up this phone number : (330) 677-6955.

Report back if you find them. I wouldn't mind a new one myself.

kaffeetrinker_2.gif
Rick

Here's a web link from Vivian Kistler's site. I don't know how current it is.:
http://www.cornerstoneframe.com/

I have one that I no longer need because I have a Wizard. Anyone interested in purchasing it?

e mail to rmarkoff@cts.com.

If I am not mistaken Gene sold his business and i don't know to whom. It was a grat cutter ,primarily because it was inexpensive and could be stored away in a very small place.It sort of reminded you of those giant resturant can openers , that were used on gallon cans.LOL

The only short commimng i found with it was that it required that it be NAILED down through the center of the mat being cut. Which could caue you to have to cover the drop with a sheet of paper if it was to be used since it would have nail holes in it. However this was a very uncommon problem,. But naturally I did encounter it.LOL
BUDDY

I bought mine from Gene almost 20 years ago and it's still going strong. Cornerstone bought the machine from Gene, and to my knowledge, they are still selling it. I use it and reccomend it highly.

Back