• Welcome to the largest and friendlest resource for picture framers! Please LOG IN or REGISTER a free account.
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. Trouble? Click the CONTACT US link.

Question Organize and store mouldings

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
I have both horizontal (racks attached to ceiling joists, and racking systems attached to stud walls) and sloped vertical (custom made with short pedestal to keep ends of moulding off of the cement floor).
What you use will be determined by both your ceiling height, and general available space.
Length moulding storage, as such, hasn't been so much the problem as has what to do with the leftovers. I have a veritable forest of 4' or less shorts longing for a home. At some point the dumpster is the solution.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Maybe Jim will post his awesome photo on how he did his.

I have to start cleaning out some stuff soon. Haven't been able as it has been busy. I am building up more inventory and I too need a better system.

Nikodeumus

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I was wondering how do other people organize mouldings in their shops. I would like to get ours more organized on a wall, so they are off the ground.
This is a common conversation for all framers.
Here is a link to a previous thread with some suggestions and photos that may help you:

SAaffordableframes

Grumbler in Training
Business
Picture Frames
This is a common conversation for all framers.
Here is a link to a previous thread with some suggestions and photos that may help you:
Thank you for this link is very helpful.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

SAaffordableframes

Grumbler in Training
Business
Picture Frames
I have both horizontal (racks attached to ceiling joists, and racking systems attached to stud walls) and sloped vertical (custom made with short pedestal to keep ends of moulding off of the cement floor).
What you use will be determined by both your ceiling height, and general available space.
Length moulding storage, as such, hasn't been so much the problem as has what to do with the leftovers. I have a veritable forest of 4' or less shorts longing for a home. At some point the dumpster is the solution.
Thank you for your information. This sounds interesting. I would love to see a picture of your setup if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Register for the picture framer's grumble

cvm

PFG, Picture Framing God
We have a horizontal rack with an 8'x10' footprint that holds 15,000+ ft of moulding.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202