Old cracked glass


CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Jun 4, 2004
I think this is a lost cause. Customer has an old frame old photo glass has a crack in it.
60 years old. The glass is not dome glass but it dos bow out a little. Dos anyone know of sores for this glass?
There are several companies that supply "convex" glass. In Line Ovals is one.

There are (were) many standard sizes that were very common. If ILO does not have the size you need, Post the size and shape on the forum. Someone will have another source.
ILO can custom slump the glass to match you custom shape and depth of slump or convex.

Make a matboard or paper templet of you shape, take a good picture showing the depth and curve, and take a good measure of the curve and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the match.
This is quite a fabulous service (product) from ILO. Is that In Line Ovals? ;)

Glad to find admirable products to others... for I am growing tired of mine. LOL