• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

No paper towels!!!

UzZx32QU

Forum Founder
Forum Donor
Just spent 2 hours driving to 6 stores and no paper towels anywhere around me.

Found a few bags of napkins...

Life is changing, I bought some dish towels, what a novel idea.

Pat Murphey

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
My local store had a full complement of paper towels this morning, but frozen vegetables had been cleaned out. So it goes... 😁

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Remember when TV shows made fun of the wholesale clubs and their large quantity packaging. I remember thinking
"There will come a day................".

A month or so ago, I bought the 36 roll package of Charmin and the 12 super size roll package of Bounty. I'm laughing all the way to the crapper.

Now if I had just remembered to buy a couple of more cases of water............

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
If you need the paper towels for the shop and can't find any I would contact Uline who sells Kimwipes but if you need paper towels for the house Kimwipes would be a little expensive. I like Kimwipes better than paper towels because they don't leave the paper dust you get from paper towels.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Just spent 2 hours driving to 6 stores and no paper towels anywhere around me.

Found a few bags of napkins...

Life is changing, I bought some dish towels, what a novel idea.
Would you like me to mail you a couple triple rolls? :)
The shop restocked TP and Towels about 3-4 weeks ago, from a wholesale club.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
The paper goods aisle at the local Stop and Shop supermarket last night....

No bread, milk, paper goods, canned food, eggs, rice, pasta, etc. I'm sure it will improve, but wow.

Last edited:

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
My local store had a full complement of paper towels this morning, but frozen vegetables had been cleaned out. So it goes... 😁
Mine had no paper towels or water and the meat section was pretty depleted but I was able to score some bacon, lettuce and tomato for BLTs tonight.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
It is interesting that even large operations with sophisticated supply chains are having trouble re-stocking. I think they became complacent and relied on their "metrics" to predict what they would need rather than reordering as items were sold.

Rick Granick

I think you are right. There really is no shortage of toilet paper. It is just that it is bulky, so therefore expensive to warehouse compared to its selling price. Therefore the just-in-time stocking. Imported items may face some shortages because port shipments are down about 25 to 30%, but domestic items should even out once the panic shopping subsides.
:kaffeetrinker-2: Rick

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Framar

WOW Framer
The supermarket I went to yesterday had one lonely leaking bag of flour, three cartons of the most expensive eggs, and hardly any cheese slices. I already have TP, and I don't eat meat - so I didn't look for them. And they were almost out of my favorite frozen spinach pizza from Dr. Oetker. The frozen veggie sections were also bare. Yet there were tons of fresh veggies and fruit.

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I went shopping for a few items this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see TP, Paper Towels, Eggs and Milk all in stock. The frozen food section was COMPLETELY empty, but they did have paper goods again. (Limit 1 of any of the above, at Stop & Shop) Eggs were almost twice the price, with an apology sign that the suppliers raised prices.

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
There is always the old standby........
cloth diapers.

I don't think they make them in my size.

Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
When my mom went to buy distilled water, a young woman had just put two of the last three gallons in her cart. While reaching for the third, she saw Mom. She asked, 'Do you need this?' Mom said, 'Yes. My husband uses it for his CPAP machine.' The woman kindly said, 'My husband does, too', and she gave Mom the last gallon. Mom is 78, and my dear stepdad is 89. I'm glad she shared.

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Purchase limits have steadied up supplies in my corner of the world.

Over the past week I have heard people complaining about not being able to find things like chicken, beef, frozen vegetables, and eggs as well as paper products. I wasn't seeing this. I later realized that because I don't normally open until mid morning, my shopping is done early in the day. It was folks who normally shop after work who were experiencing the most difficulty.

Now that no one who isn't in the business of emergencies is working, that may smooth out.

Last edited:

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Last night I mentioned the lack of TP to the cashier at Publix, and he leaned in conspiratorially and said in a low voice, "Be here at 7:30 tomorrow morning. We get restocked every day, but there's only about 80 bundles of 12 available. The line starts forming then and we open the doors at 8:00".
I was 5th in line this morning and scored. I would guess that there were at least 100 people waiting for them to open.
There were also large bundles (12 Jumbo rolls) of Bounty available.

Publix is also offering Seniors Only shopping on Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:00-8:00.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Our local supermarket chain of 600 stores did the same thing. There are signs all over no returns of certain items (the items people hoarded)

tedh

Nice to live in a small town. Passed by a Costco on my way out of Ottawa, and there was a lineup to get in. Friday, 3:00 pm.

Stopped off at a supermarket here. No lineups, and everything was stocked. Not one bare shelf. Wisely, there were purchase limits.

Here’s the funny part: we usually buy eggs 5 dozen at a time, but the posted limit was two dozen. Behind the eggs, deeper in the cooler, were hundreds and hundreds of dozens. More eggs than I’ve ever seen.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor

tedh

Put five together and make an omelet!

troyveluz

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I installed bidets like this one about a year ago and we use very little TP. We just use TP to pat dry. 1584934486394.png

Framar

WOW Framer
I have always wondered about those bidets. I am figuring you need an electrical outlet on the same wall, as well as a hot water source? Or is it battery operated and self-heating? All my toilet has access to is cold water pipes. And the closest electrical outlet is about ten feet away down the hall.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
I have always wondered about those bidets. I am figuring you need an electrical outlet on the same wall, as well as a hot water source? Or is it battery operated and self-heating? All my toilet has access to is cold water pipes. And the closest electrical outlet is about ten feet away down the hall.
Yes you will need an outlet.

Most bidets are self heating so you don't need hot water

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com
LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.