Grumble Alert New Registrations info

great site. found this years ago, but finally joined. just posting to say thanks, to say 'hello' and yes, i'm not a robot.

Welcome, Woodcarver. Enjoy the site and if you have a spare month or so - have fun in the archives!

thanks Framar, will do...might take me a little longer though -- shop's pretty busy at the moment.

This is to put everyone on notice that I personally inspect every email address and user ID to keep spammer off the grumble. This has been going on for about 6 months. There is a chance that a legitimate person get tagged as a spammer by accident. If this has happen my apologizes. You are welcome to change your email address and ID and try again.

To keep your registrations from being bumped consider the following.

1. I look harder at gmail accounts, most spammers use this service.

If I see a asdf123@gmail.com or hjkl9876@gmail.com that registration it gone.

2. Avoid the use of numbers in your email account or user name.
This is used by robots to log on to sites automatically.

3. Many Chinese isp's are flagged to not allow registrations from their users because of spammers.

4. I must keep a few things to myself to what I look at but I do make mistakes, sorry.

This has greatly reduced online spammers.

I hope you understand the problem and not take a rejection personal.

framer
admin

I am new to the site and I am unable/unfamiliar to navigate the site. Like, How do I post/ask a question?

I am new to the site and I am unable/unfamiliar to navigate the site. Like, How do I post/ask a question?

You just did. Check the forum heading for the topic you want. The main Grumble topic will do for most questions. Either add a post to an existing thread or start a new thread with the post new thread button.

Today I had the second person in a couple months contact me by email about how to get registered on the Grumble. Both people have had a problem answering the question about the wall samples. This person said they are have been a lurker for a while and has decided to register. They also said that they tried every possible combination of answers to the question but nothing works. What should I tell this person? Is there someway this person can contact someone to get some assistance? If anyone can give me some information to pass on I will greatly appreciate it. Joe

Back