My wonderful experience with HP?

framinzfun

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I never thought the words would come out of my mouth... but I just had a nice experience with Hewlett-Packard tech-support! It was a 45 minute phone call... but all was well, and aside from the occasional language barriers, and a few "What did you just say?"'s... they fixed my problem... My printer decided that it didn't like the color cartridge I had been using in it, and wouldn't recognize it anymore, and told me I had the wrong one in. I called HP, and we ran through all kinds of tests, and I ended up putting a new cartridge in, and it worked fine, so they are sending me a NEW ONE!!!!! FREE OF CHARGE!!! They said the one I had must've been defective, and they are even sending me a return package so I can send the old one to them, and they can check it out. Who would've ever thought!

Customer service is not dead yet!
thumbsup.gif

It always amazed me how much positive hype HP gets for their products .... we have been through more than several printers, etc., and HP has always been The Pits....Epson is the only choice.

Epson is made locally here in the Portland, OR area....I know people who can get me the employee price...

That is an HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One sitting on my desk.

And that is all I'm gonna say on that.

Hey, my HP 812C Desk Jet has been taking abuse for close to 8 years and still does a great job. Of course, now that I've said that, it's doomed.

Joe

Originally posted by Jerry Ervin:
Epsom makes some great high end printers ...........
Hey, their salts aren't too bad either, Jerry!!
thumbsup.gif
:eek:

(Couldn't resist that one!!)

I am looking at a Deskjet 855C that has to be at least 12 years old and it still keeps on tickin' even though I have given it more than one lickin'! It is so old that the tan case has turned sort of a muddy yellow from sitting in sunlight and fluorescents all that time and the decals have long since peeled off.

It hiccups once in awhile when I try to align printer cartridges but I do the same thing when someone messes with MY cartridge!!
help.gif

Framerguy

Watch out! HP printers will not print with those fresh out of the wrapper spare cartridges that you bought - because they have an expiration date. Changing the date in windows (temporarily - because of Norton Security) works with one of my printers, but not with my all-in-one. The expired cartridges work fine in my out of warranty printer. Why does HP not boldly - on the packaging - warn you of this dirty trick. I know - they make their money on this junk with cartridge sales.

I hate HP!

Pat :D

I have the HP Photosmart 3210 and I really like it. Does a great job on black and white and is very good on color. The replacements cartridges are easy to use and it isn't like the older models, where you have to do alignment after every new cartridge. I have used HP for the better part of 15 years without a problem. I have a HP 2110 as a backup.

Wally

Back