SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Nov 19, 2003
Orange County, CA
I haven't seen it yet but one of my better commercial clients wants me to visit her home and frame a mural that she has had painted on one of her walls.

Has anyone "framed" a mural? Any suggestions on how to go about this?

I'm thinking about a rabbetless liner and a moulding suitable to her decor. If she does not want a liner can anyone point me to a source of decorative rabbetless mouldings rather than having to finish them myself.

Any other suggestions?
A good lumber yard should have a great selection of wood trim mouldings if she wants a wood finish.
Have her bring it in so you can give an accurate quote. ;)
Thanks Bill!!!!!
You could use just about any moulding you want. You could cut a filler for the rabbit and finish it to match the small part of moulding that shows. Another way would be to just rip off the bottom of the moulding on your table saw so there is no rabbit. If you do not have a table saw, just go to a cabinet shop and have them do it for you.

I have filled the rabbet of a larger frame by reversing an inexpensive 1/2" moulding. Gives a nice professional look without the labor. Can be ripped to fit, if necessary.

Pat :D