Mitre-Mite VN 42 parts from?

ahohen1

BFL
Where is the best place to get parts for my Mitre-Mite VN 42? There has to be a more reasonably priced place than ITWAMP! Thanks.

If the parts are unique to that machine you have to use the manufacturer.

If they are generic pneumatic parts or fasteners they can be had at any well stocked machine shop supplier.

I don't know what you call it, but it is under the trigger, it is brass and has 5 openings.. two blue airlines and one red airline. The end of this is near... i use to put a few drops (3-5) of oil every 6 months, now i have to put a few drops every few days. I could not believe the manufacturer's price for that little brass piece is $200.00!!! Five years ago, it was about $30.00! I know this because i was having a problem and called explained the problem to an employee. They sent me the piece and the bill was $30.00 plus (?) shipping. I found what the problem was before i actually opened the box, so i returned it. I paid it with my credit card and then I was credited...

QUOTE=Jeff Rodier;505525]Check with United.

What kind of part do you need?[/QUOTE]

Is it an air leak or what is going on. The block itself should see no wear since it is a stationary part. If you have leaking in there it is most likely hoses. One hose at a time you can push the sleeve in and slide the hose out. Often times you just need to put a fresh cut on the hose end and reinsert it. Try some soapy water to see if you find the source of the leak.

Are you adding oil because it is sticking during the cycle. Small colored hoses leaking will cause this.

If you are referring to the "foot peddle", that is the main valve assembly for the entire unit. It contains all sorts of springs, valves and "O" rings. It is not simply a block of brass.

The last time I replaced one, it was in the $100 neighborhood.

BTY, where you are located, an in line air/water separator and oiler is mandatory!

Jerome, I think he is talking about the controller box where the nipple inlet is connected. There are also some filter type valves located there which can be replaced easily and when bad will make it wheeze and stick during the cycle. The million dollar question is what are its symptoms.

could not believe the manufacturer's price for that little brass piece is $200.00

no matter it's size it IS, after all, a precision milled valve body. assuming they bought the cnc to do it with, and bought the brass bar stock, and hired/trained an operator to load the machine and check the results, and built the factory to do all that in.........how much you figure their time/materials ought to be worth??????

As that 'block' just sits there, I would more likely think towards it being an air line problem-they can/do move around and they ARE plastic(a whole lot less $$ to attempt to fix)...not the most simple thing to trace BUT can be replaced, 1 by 1, from local stores(if you hapen to live in/around a place dealing in many sizes of hose--you gotta have the RIGHT size(s).)

The part i am talking about is below the button you press down with your right hand when the frame you are putting together is away from you. It does NOT leak air, but it gets hard to press the button all the way down, which drives in the vnail. After i put a few drops of oil in the red airline, it is okay... for about a week. I think i will take it apart and change all the o-rings as a last resort, before spending a fortune :fire: on the part.

That seems an odd part to need. I used a VN-42 for over 12 years, which was used probably five years before I bought it, and had no such trouble.

Most manufacturers make good money on their proprietary renewal parts, so you should expect to pay a handsome price for it -- especially considering the monetary exchange rate of USA vs. Italy.

$200 seems a fair price to pay for the renewal of a machine that costs over $4,000 new. If I were you I'd be happy just to have the part easily available.

Done... i took it apart and changed ALL the rubber o-rings... it was more simple than i expected. Now it works like new. Cost: $2.87. Time: 1 hr. and 15 minutes (this includes the time it took for me to go buy the o-rings). Amount I saved: $197.13. Now, why don't THEY offer an o-ring "kit"? Because they like to make a killing on the entire item... what a shame :nuts:.@#$%^&*()_+<>?~`!

That seems an odd part to need. I used a VN-42 for over 12 years, which was used probably five years before I bought it, and had no such trouble.

Most manufacturers make good money on their proprietary renewal parts, so you should expect to pay a handsome price for it -- especially considering the monetary exchange rate of USA vs. Italy.

$200 seems a fair price to pay for the renewal of a machine that costs over $4,000 new. If I were you I'd be happy just to have the part easily available.

Nearly all pneumatic parts on underpinners have rubber seals, all of which need lubrication. If your O-rings were dried out, perhaps you should look for other dried out rubber seals on your machine.

Do you have an air filter/lubricator on the machine, or in the air supply line within a few feet of it?

If not, I suggest you consider acquiring one, or at least put a few drops of pneumatic lubricant into the machine's air input port every week or so.

Now, why don't THEY offer an o-ring "kit"? Because they like to make a killing on the entire item... what a shame .@#$%^&*()_+<>?~`!

If that part seldom fails, why bother? Since the O-rings are easily available locally, they surely cost less than a manufacturer's "kit".

ITW parts

Tech service at ITW can & will help, but the parts have to be purchased from an authorized distributor. ITW can giev you the names of their good full service distributors. Hopefully you have a good distributor who will help & order the parts, as it's not a profitable business. Many distributors will not support framers with this service. This includes some the the largest in the business.

Back