Military Frames

Dsigr

Grumbler
I have a customer who is looking for ready made frames with a military emblem/logo for the Army on it. Does anyone know where to get these? Apparently she has seen them somewhere before.

JUST A SUGGESTION! IF YOU HAVE A GOOD RUBBER STAMP STORE AROUND YOU THEY MAY HAVE THE ARMED (whoops sorry about caps.) Forces stamps we have done them on the mats before. Also if you have a glass etching place they could etch the emblems on to to the glass.

I believe Michael's has them.

Oops. I really like my signature line, but sometimes it just isn't appropriate, and I like this new thing where we don't have to include our signature line on a post, but I forgot this time. Not that I'm not happy Michael's has them, but not that I'm Sooo happy they have them either! just thought I'd clarify that, lest I get an e-mail about why I'm Sooo Happy Michael's has military frames! I'm just "Sooo Happy"...in general!:D

If anyone is looking for military stuff....ribbons, coins, rank, etc. Let me know via PM. I can get all that stuff since I am active duty military. It can't be on a huge basis, but I have al ot of the little "pog" like emblems for the various services, and much more than you could think of. Plus, doing the shadowboxes is one of my primary types of work. Let me know if you need advice on layout, protocol, etc. If you need something military related....I can probably get it.

dave.

Oh yeah, and I can get stuff for all the services. US Army, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and US Navy (even Coast Guard stuff too). I'm not supposed to resell it, so I guess you could "trade" me something for stuff you need.

dave.

I would like to do a military shadowbox as a shop example, but don't have anyone in the family with old medallions, etc. I thought about looking in thrift stores and antique shops, but just don't have the time to shop. This might be the way to go. Can you suggest a small assortment for a specific branch and how much they might be "traded" for?

We went to the local muesem (The Smithsonian in Washington DC) and picked up a few medals and framed them up in our shop. We even had a few people ask who in our family had recieved them, as they looked authentic. If you can't buy them locally, or through a Military friend, try the Smithsonian online shops. (American History Museum)

RE: Military Logo Medals

We had a rather generic looking military frame with all the different military logos on them at Hobby Lobby.

Also, if you live close to an active military installation, you might want to check at the local trophy shops and engraving shops. I am quite close to Eglin AFB and most of the trophy shops around here carry all kinds of military logo medals and collector coins, either of which could be mounted either on certain frame profiles or inside the frame on the mat.

They also can laser engrave the glass or the frame with a military logo if that is your choice. The trophy shop that I buy from can't laser the matboards but there are certain laser engravers out there that will even do matboards for you.

Framerguy

Deborah,

I know these are not exactly what you are asking for, but Orr Mldg.(800-833-3131) has three different stars 'n' stripes mldgs. I've use with great results as a liner with other mldgs. framing military medals. They even work especially well with Nielsen profile #24.

Silver w/gold stars #7946

Gold w/silver stars #7947

Red, white and Blue #7945

Call for samples.

Dave Makielski

The also have a dk blue with little inlaid american flags around the top #7160

Val,

PM your address and I will send you out an assortment of things. I will do a shadowbox load of stuff with the ribbons and rank I currently wear, and a name tape, badges, patches, stuff like that. If you feel you have something to share with a new framer, then share away, but don't feel obligated. Same deal for anyone out there...

Good military shadowboxes are a necessity as they sum up 20 years of a persons life...

A BB did one recently for our unit (yes, they asked me, and it was too short of a deadline), and it was this monstrosity that looked horrible. Ugh.

PM's or email work fine contacting me.

dave.

Check your PM, Dave, I have an idea. Thanks!!

I have a poster that shows pictures of nearly all of the military medals and ribbons and identifies them. The last shadow box I did, I did some homework and made a legend to put on the back, for his heirs to identify later, when he's not around to tell the stories. He was so surprised that I "knew" what they all were and very moved by the extra touch. He hugged me, big ol' guy.

Everyone should have a copy of the catalog of Medals of America. www.usmedals.com You can not only order any medal (except the Congressional Medal of Honor) from them, but they are always in the proper order. They are also very nice on the phone if you have some sort of weird lapel pin, etc and will help identify it. All around good folks. And, boy! are the customers impressed when you can get for them a medal for which they only have the ribbon.

Back